Player Discussion Alexander Radulov

Status
Not open for further replies.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Because at this years world cup for example, Ivan Telegin had the same amount of points as Ovechkin and Malkin and more points than Tarasenko, Kuznetsov... Are we supposed to assume this indicates he's at the same level as those players?

I'd say he's better than Ovechkin and Malkin when it comes to international competition.

Anyway, it's not like Mozyakin is a bad player. That's like saying Crosby sucks because Kane outscored him.

Radulov does play a lot more complete game than Mozyakin, however, and if you ask any KHL expert they take Radulov over Mozyakin any day.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
hey man I loved what I saw of Rads in his first game on Tuesday. let's see if he can do it a) during the regular season and b) consistently, yeah? :cheers:

i want to get excited too, but if life has taught me anything, it's that getting excited like that too often leads to disappointment :P

I actually hope he will just get between 60 and 70 points because if gets more he will ask for a lot of money))

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Right, brakes for reality. But I do think lots of people are undervaluing Radulov's skills and while the doubters bring valid points, it's not at all unrealistic to expect Radulov to be around PPG pace for the season.
So ppg means if healthy we can expect 82 points, is that it? I think only about 6-7 players were ppg last year in the whole nhl, and we're talking Kane, Crosby, Benn, Seguin, Karlsson and maybe a few others. I get people are optimistic but he's not that level of a player no matter how you spin it.

FlyingKostitsyn

Mar 7, 2008
Quebec
If he's so good why was he only 15th overall?

ETA: I see, he got the 152 points in 62 games at a much older age.

Radulov pretty much broke the LHJMQ. Anyone who has seen him play back them would agree, it was spectacular. I went to a few Ramparts game that year pretty much only to see him play, I don't think there was a game were he didn't score 3-4 points...

As for why he was only 15th overall, consider he's 100% responsible for Angelo Esposito being a first round pick ;)

Adriatic said:
I get you like him, but that doesn't mean much right now. The difference is Kovalchuk was a proven NHL star, with a proven NHL track record. He competed at the NHL level and was a star at this level. Sergei Mozyakin outscored both Radulov and Kovalchuck for those seasons you mentioned, am I to assume Sergei Mozyakin would be at the same level as Kovalchuk if he'd play in the NHL. He still has to prove he could it at NHL level in his 30's after being gone for some years. Call me crazy but I prefer being cautious than expecting him to be at Kovalchuk level.

While Mozyakin would not have been nearly as good as Kovalchuk, its possible he would have been a good NHLer. The guy is 35 now but he's had a strong career and apparantly has been courted by several NHL teams. Its

Now I think people here don't understand the Kovalchuk comparisons. Its like there is no grey here (probably why I never post anymore)... I don't think anyone expects a 40+ goal season from him but its completely unreasonable to think he won't score at least 20. I think 25-30 is realistic from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad