Player Discussion Alexander Radulov part 5 -- the final edition?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Give it to him, you have a chance to solidify your group of wingers to be one of the best in the NHL, you don't pass this up because he's asking for about 1M more per year.
Seriously, people get caught up in pissing matches here, and I'm not an exception to this either, but essentially, if Radu signs here, very few teams can say their wingers compete to ours.
We could package two wingers for a top center and still have good top 4 wingers.
If we keep our centers to be Galch-Danault, well, better really load up their wings.

As I said, signing Radulov should be an absolute most. The best news in all this is we have the cap space to make it work. Go for it!

Question...

What if Radulov says

F it...Oshie got 8yrs...

I want 8yrs 56M

You still give him whatever he wants?

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009
No, not dire, just pointless. I don't particuarly like it when my team does pointless things. Do you?

When do you think MB realized that he likely wasn't going to get Radulov signed? I'm willing to bet that he had an indication before he traded for Drouin. You are acting like we aren't a cap team? With or without Radulov we will spend to the cap. If we can't reasonable add Radulov back onto the team we'll spend the money someplace else.

You can argue anything. Digging in one's heels is easy. It doesn't mean you should, though.

We need offensive talent. Radulov is the best available. In fact, Bergevin could have retained him for 2 years right out of the gate. But apparently we're not even allowed to criticize that lack of vision the second time it's happened in his career. After 3 years, 1 playoff round win, an epic collapse, and an unceremonious dismissal from this year's playoffs people are fed up with same old errors, the same old scared ****less, risk averse lack of vision. What is comical about it? Explain it to me.

I get the impression that a lot of you will just be happy for our team to get to the playoffs. These arguments are not difficult to understand, but literally thousands of words have been written trying to explain them to the unwilling to understand.

We need offensive talent, and you're advocating for letting it walk. Just...reflect on that.

I'm not advocating letting him walk. I'm advocating, as I would for likely any player, to not overspend on him. We are a cap team. We spend to the cap. With or without Radulov we will spend to the cap. We have high end wingers with or without Radulov. If he is signable at a fair or close to fair cap hit than fine. But it's not 7 Million over 6 years. That's an overpay. We can get better use of our cap than that.

What's comical is that we are desperate for centers and people are willing to overpay a winger. I'd much rather keep the wingers we have signed and find a way to spend on a center than to overpay Radulov.

Again, I'm not advocating just walking way. I'm advocating not overspending and giving term. If Radulov can be had a fair and comparable contract than I'm all for keeping him. I'll be happy to.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
But it's not dire hence we don't need to overpay Radulov out of desperation. We have Pacioretty, Galchenyuk, Lehkonen, Drouin, Gallagher, and Byron all on the wings as of right now. Shaw needs to fit in there someplace too. Drouin has made it so the team doesn't have to overpay Radulov. Even without Drouin it could be arguable that overpaying Radulov would be a mistake.

The MB hate is actually getting comical. He's now being hated on for not overpaying for a winger. A center I would understand. We are so desperate and wanting but this is actually amazing to me. Since last July 1st every comparable free agent has signed for 6.125 or less. That's firmly the range that MB should be signing Radulov in.

This doesn't work, he still has tons of leverage because we have no one at center and need every winger we have. Drouin changes next to nothing, we need to ADD offense, not go sideways. I hope when he walks he signs for 6 million for 5 years on another team and say MB never offered even that. It would solidify this crapfest GM for what he is, a grinding idiot dman who wants a team built entirely in his own narcissistic image.

One words can sum up everything undoing this team Lefebvre. He develops anyone burningbin doesn't toss aside for scraps we don't worry about rad.

THIS is the team that BurningBin built. You can not any longer blame Goat, or Gainey or anyone else. This is all on him. Scouting sucks-your job to fire timmins, development same, coaching same. There is no one else. Don't have a president. Just all power residing in the hands of a 3rd pairing useless plug of a dman who happens to flying by the seat of his pants and is going to push us 18 years back to the worst era of the habs since the late 1940's

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Well I haven't seen anyone say how this team has no chance without Radu after the Drouin trade. Prior to it, ya, totally, makes sense. But since we added Drouin, we are essentially where we are last year.

I disagree about Radu not being able to do better. This was his first full year to the NHL after years in the KHL, so he had to deal with the new rink, different style and speed of game, new systems under two different coaches, new teammates, and he had to do it in MTL's zoo coverage while also going through a divorce.
So ya, with more steadiness, coming in with a familiarity to his teammates, already knowing what to expect from his coach and the game, with more order in his life, you don't think he could do better??

55pts isn't Radu's ceiling. It wouldn't be surprising if he did better.

But yes, Bergevin should go for it. He also would have more assets to trade, but in case he doesn't want to move any because the price is too high, well at least his mediocre centers are going to be better surrounded. Signing Radulov makes sense on every front.

Except we move our one trading chip that might have allowed for us to replace Markov/Nate and or to help trade up to a better centerman. If we could have just signed drouin to an offer sheeet would have been better than the trade. We would have lost a few draft picks and likely nothing consequential-our 1st this year isn't exactly Bergeron though some are already over hyping this kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad