Player Discussion Alexander Radulov III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
And Bergevin set himself up for this anyway, he took a gamble with him last season and it paid off for Radu. Good for him, bad for us, but definitely worth the money.

I'm almost sure Bergevin knew what he was doing. He was aware that if the 1 year show me contract expires and Radulov showed he was worth it, he was going to have to pay him more. But as explained by Radulov and Bergevin on separate occasions, it's not the money, but the term.

On HF that maybe the biggest trade ever LOL. DD was keeping the servers on line for a few years.

Actually I wonder if HF will be around this time next year. No MT threads, no DD threads and the PK thing will finally blow over. Not sure if the lights will be able to stay on :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I could be wrong, but once DD was traded, didn't HF have to cut the avatars so as to keep the site going?

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
George Laraque Now Says:

Habs Radulov 3 years @ 7 million per year...

Last edited:

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
At the risk of nitpicking I would add Shaw.

I would always prefer to overpay on money than on term. Term kills, but with guaranteed contracts I see why players love it.

I forgot about Shaw (not a good sign, I guess) :laugh:

But he's still relatively young. The money is the real problem on that contract. I agree Bergevin will tend to overpay for 'character', but he won't give 6 years to a 32 or 33 yo guy.

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017
I hope Radulov plans to step it up because even Gomez had better production per dollar in the first few years of his $7.3 million contract.

I'm kidding, people

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I was kind of hoping for 5 years, $6.2 million average. $6,5m over the first 3 years, $5,75m over the last 2 years.

I guess MB had to go to $7m to get the 3 year limit.

I'll take it if it's true. Have to wait for the freeze to be over.

HTTP 400

Sep 1, 2007
I can't remember who was Laraque's agent. Can someone remember?

David Ettedgui from Sports Corporation. If you do a google search, you'll see Ettedgui gave Laraque some infos about Radulov after he first signed with the Habs. So maybe that's where it comes from.

But Ettegui isn't Radulov's agent.

Last edited:

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
The Goldens could easily beat that.

I'll only believe $7M at 3 years when it is confirmed. IMO Radulov wants $7M for 5+ years. This will be his last big contract and I don't seem him taking just 3 years.

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site
Is his wife gone ?

If so, Mr.Radulov might spent a bit of time "shopping" for a new female companion in Montreal.... :naughty:

His wife divorced him last month. She preferred Mother Russia. Said that their values differred.

She hated Montreal. Left in the middle of the season with the kid. Explains his sulking during mid-season. People thought he was injured. Losing your family suddenly must not help.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Great if true. He probably could get more on the open market and besides I'd rather overpay a bit on a player like Radu than scrubs like Shaw and Emelin. So no problem there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad