Player Discussion Alexander Radulov III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
I'm happy to be wrong about him and he has become one of my favorite players, but I still can't help but laugh at the projections before the season started that he'd be a top 10 league forward in points and the best Russian after Ovie.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
He needs to pickup his game. Galchenyuk has been taking most criticism, but Radulov deserves just as much for his sloppy play lately.

BayBye

Jul 9, 2016
Radulov

he has faded in the last 1/3 of the season. he does not have near the goals he was suppose to bring and his overall play has deteriorated. He is not the player promised and is totally not worth the 8 year contract he is claimed 2 b looking for, his play has gotten repeatedly worse and his line has not held up their own.In fact all the great additions have not lived up to what was expected. Weber is not the elite dman he was sworn to be. he has hardly any goals 5vs5, once the east figured him out,he is not getting his shot off hardly at all.I think all the so called great trades and signings are all coming back to haunt us. As far as I am concerned, overall we lost on the Weber trade, Radulov signing and Shaw trade..these will weight heavily on us for years to come

ourobouros

Sep 29, 2009
he has faded in the last 1/3 of the season. he does not have near the goals he was suppose to bring and his overall play has deteriorated. He is not the player promised and is totally not worth the 8 year contract he is claimed 2 b looking for, his play has gotten repeatedly worse and his line has not held up their own.In fact all the great additions have not lived up to what was expected. Weber is not the elite dman he was sworn to be. he has hardly any goals 5vs5, once the east figured him out,he is not getting his shot off hardly at all.I think all the so called great trades and signings are all coming back to haunt us. As far as I am concerned, overall we lost on the Weber trade, Radulov signing and Shaw trade..these will weight heavily on us for years to come

How a one-year contract can "weight heavily on us for years to come"?

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
He stinks, god help this franchise when they give him pleks money, for pleks results.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Yep he really stinks :shakehead

you want to hand out 6-7 million for a guy that has 15 goals, 4 of which came in one game? He is a cap killer. 30 yr old Euro here for a huge contract, after one average year. Must be taking notes from pleks.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Thread title evokes the historical Russian monarchy.

There was an Alexander III, apparently was a Russian Emperor from 1881 to 1894.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
you want to hand out 6-7 million for a guy that has 15 goals, 4 of which came in one game? He is a cap killer. 30 yr old Euro here for a huge contract, after one average year. Must be taking notes from pleks.

He's 12th in the league for P/GP among RW ffs! You will never be happy.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015

What game did he score 4 goals in? He looks terrible right now, if Julien had a brain he would know that he needs rest as Radulov is not used to the NHL schedule.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
... he needs rest as Radulov is not used to the NHL schedule.

Radulov is used to playing 60 regular season games in Russia, where the regular season typically ends around mid-February.

Playoffs start in the third week of February and the playoffs wrap up around mid-April.

I agree that it shouldn't be a surprise if Radulov has some issues adapting to an NHL schedule on his first year back to the league.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Well, he USED to be good. :laugh:

I'm sure he'll bounce back. Despite his play since the injury he's been a really good pickup overall.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Radulov is used to playing 60 regular season games in Russia, where the regular season typically ends around mid-February.

Playoffs start in the third week of February and the playoffs wrap up around mid-April.

I agree that it shouldn't be a surprise if Radulov has some issues adapting to an NHL schedule on his first year back to the league.
I wouldn't play him for any other regular season game. Let him rest up and play the way he did in the beginning of the year in the playoffs.

Puck Luck Run Amok

Oct 26, 2012
The void

The bar really is this low in Montreal. Hell, people here were excited about friggin Davidson and King while in Toronto they're talking about Tavares.... URGH

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Marinaro this morning reiterating Radulov's 8-year contract demand.

Whether the Habs sign him or not, we only need look at the baseline set by similarly aged UFAs last year -- I don't have a list handy but seems to me a lot of 30 year old plus players got 5-6 year deals and most if not all of them have not had a better season than Radulov this season.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
I like Radulov but much north of 5 million a year, then you have to look elsewhere unless its on one year deals.

We just dont know if this is fatigue, aging, injury, etc related but since about the 50-55 game mark, he just isnt the same player. Committing long term to him is a huge risk at this point as there isnt an NHL track record

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012

Whether the Habs sign him or not, we only need look at the baseline set by similarly aged UFAs last year -- I don't have a list handy but seems to me a lot of 30 year old plus players got 5-6 year deals and most if not all of them have not had a better season than Radulov this season.

The max he can get is 7 years

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I wouldn't play him for any other regular season game. Let him rest up and play the way he did in the beginning of the year in the playoffs.

Wondering how many more wins for Habs to clinch a playoff spot. Maybe shut him down after that.

Puck Luck Run Amok

Oct 26, 2012
The void

Into the trash you go.

I can hear Trump's CNN quote in the distance.... LOL

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The max he can get is 7 years

I understand the 8th year is at the club's discretion. He's technically only entitled to ask for 7, however, it's being reported his camp wants that 8th year -- all part of an opening negotiating stance of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad