Player Discussion Alexander Radulov II

Status
Not open for further replies.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
I will say many posters will be changing their tune on Radu depending on what happens in the playoffs. If he has a bad playoffs I don't think many fans will want to give him a big contract.

If he is one of our best performers, and habs make a big run then both fans and MB will be more than willing to open up the purse strings.

Keep in mind him saying he wants 8 years shows to me he wants to stay in MONTREAL. Only we can give him that term. Rumors could of been 6 or 7 but it said 8 which means to me he has one team on his mind. In the end I expect 5-6.

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
I will say many posters will be changing their tune on Radu depending on what happens in the playoffs. If he has a bad playoffs I don't think many fans will want to give him a big contract.

If he is one of our best performers, and habs make a big run then both fans and MB will be more than willing to open up the purse strings.

Keep in mind him saying he wants 8 years shows to me he wants to stay in MONTREAL. Only we can give him that term. Rumors could of been 6 or 7 but it said 8 which means to me he has one team on his mind. In the end I expect 5-6.

Just have to go back to Vanek to remember how much a playoff performance can effect your contract expectations.

Radu's playoff could dictate his contract.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I disagree. It would be not wise to give Radulov a blank cheque just because Habs need him.

If this was not a cap era league, I would have a different opinion.

Who's saying give him a blank cheque? Radulov is worth somewhere around $6M. I'd love to pay him $5M but that won't get the deal done. If your the GM, are you willing to let him walk over $1-2M difference per year?

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal
Who's saying give him a blank cheque? Radulov is worth somewhere around $6M. I'd love to pay him $5M but that won't get the deal done. If your the GM, are you willing to let him walk over $1-2M difference per year?

$5-5.7M for 3 years max. Let's also see how he performs in the playoffs.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
$5-5.7M for 3 years max. Let's also see how he performs in the playoffs.

If that ends up being the deal, I'm going to be really surprised and very happy with MB and Radulov. However, I'm thinking more like $6.5M AAV (+/-) for 3 years or $6M for 5 years.

I will be extremely pissed off if Radulov walks and signs with another team. We need his offense and now is not the time to take a step back. We need to take steps forward

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
There is no way he's signing for that. It's a nice thought, but that won't get it done.

that's a more than fair deal and to be honest, I don't think there would be many more teams who would offer him more.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
You clearly missed the UFA frenzy the last couple of years.

He was a free agent this past summer and it wasn't like teams were lined up to sign him.

Warranted or not, he's got a reputation around the league and I'm not so sure that if he became a free agent today, that the offers would come pouring in like many here think.

Life isn't fair sometimes :laugh:

Indeed...and life goes on, even after and without Radulov.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad