Player Discussion Alexander Ovechkin (Vol. 4)

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
Having played in all but 59 games in 18 years is a pretty insane stat. That has to be a record?
Through Gordie Howe's first 1400 games, which took him from age 18 to 38, he'd only missed 42 of his team's total regular season games. Played 97% of his team's games. Nutty. He then proceeded to tack on another ~800 WHA/NHL tilts until he was in his 50s...

Some dudes are just built different. Gordie and Ovie both played bull in a china shop hockey for most of their careers and theirs bodies basically didn't care at all.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Having played in all but 59 games in 18 years is a pretty insane stat. That has to be a record?
I think it will be nigh-impossible to beat Marleau.
Through his first 21 seasons, he played 1657 out of 1688 possible games, 98,2%. And I don't ever remember the details about his Covid seasons.
Though, of course, he was never a physical player like Ovechkin or Howe.

Reactions: YippieKaey

crazy8888

Sep 8, 2010
Brooklyn NY
I tried to include a reddit link that had it but its not showing up. Category "people named Alex", question was they showed Ovi and Gretzky and said this alex is no. 2 in goals ..

Apparently Ovechkin is a Jeopardy question kinda often.
lol So they showed a pic of Ovi and Gretzky and the person had to determine which one is Ovechkin?

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
He was totally in his head to start the year. Took him longer to snap out of it than I expected. I have to think that Backstrom's comeback failure shook him pretty hard. Anyhow, welcome back, my Captain!

Not to mention the recent passing of his father. It's unfortunate that most of the support he's had on the ice and off the ice around him went away during the past year, but Ovi isn't a quitter and he won't stop until he accomplishes his goal.

Block

Feb 14, 2005
He was totally in his head to start the year. Took him longer to snap out of it than I expected. I have to think that Backstrom's comeback failure shook him pretty hard. Anyhow, welcome back, my Captain!
I still think his back was messed up, and the 10 days off gave him time to actually rest. Remember he wasn't really taking slapshots for the first two months of the season.

TheSmokingMan

Nov 20, 2006
Maryland
I still think his back was messed up, and the 10 days off gave him time to actually rest. Remember he wasn't really taking slapshots for the first two months of the season.

I think this is a likely possibility. Early in the season I remember seeing marks on his neck that looked like it was from some sort of cupping therapy.

Reactions: Calicaps

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
Since January 27th, Ovechkin has 13 goals in 21 games and 23 points.

He has the 4th most goals and 15th most points in the league since that date.

1000017185.png

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad