Player Discussion Alexander Ovechkin (Vol. 4)

filinski77

Feb 12, 2017
If my math is correct, Ovechkin scored his 800th regular season professional hockey goal last night!

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Ovechkin has 18 assists this season in 20 games.

He had 18 assists last season in 45 games and 19 assists in 68 games the season before that.

Kind of makes you wonder where last season might have been with a normal training camp/pre season. If THIS is what the Caps were supposed to look like last season and didnt because the system really never got installed properly....then.....

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
And there are “experts” in the media who said we should trade him at all costs and that he was a cancer to the team a few years ago.

I wonder where these guys went and what they accomplished in life. Nothing compared to Ovi, that’s for sure.

Ovi has silenced his haters forever. No way to deny how great he is.

Lets start with Larry Brooks

Reactions: Alexander the Gr8

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Kind of makes you wonder where last season might have been with a normal training camp/pre season. If THIS is what the Caps were supposed to look like last season and didnt because the system really never got installed properly....then.....
I'm not sure they had the legs to fully execute it anyway. It makes the subtractions of Dillon & Chara sensible (5-on-5 anyway) and they also dodged a bullet in expansion (both from an asset management standpoint and in not losing Jensen).

Kuznetsov is also a different player, in part due to Backstrom's absence. I'm not sure he steps up to this extent without him being out. The Nutty Professor regaining form puts them back into contention.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I'm not sure they had the legs to fully execute it anyway. It makes the subtractions of Dillon & Chara sensible (5-on-5 anyway) and they also dodged a bullet in expansion (both from an asset management standpoint and in not losing Jensen).

Kuznetsov is also a different player, in part due to Backstrom's absence. I'm not sure he steps up to this extent without him being out. The Nutty Professor regaining form puts them back into contention.
The Nutty Professor is a perfect nickname for Kuzy. Golf clap to you.

Reactions: Calicaps

JesusNPucks

Dec 22, 2009
Amman, Jordan
Stars fan here, with an Ovi appreciation post. Always appreciated him “from afar,” and then really came to understand during our family’s time in the D.C area (2017-2021) just how truly unique a player he is. Remarkable what he’s doing in general, and then at his age—the guy is in a category all his own.

I’m especially enjoying how he is quieting all those “old boys club” people who were dogging on his game for years, instead of just appreciating it for what it is.

I’m rooting for him to break Gretzky’s record. I don’t know where he’ll end up in the all-time rankings, but I’m guessing top-10. Is that too high? Top 15?

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
Just keep coming back congratulating him. Fantastic season. Did he insert a clause in his latest contract to play him when the opposition pulls a goalie? Flames fan

Reactions: Calicaps

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad