Recalled/Assigned: Alexander Khokhlachev

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
The fixation with salvaging something out of a wasted 1st round pick (Caron) is so reflective of Clode's mentality. Caron's value skews upward thanks to the attributes Clode puts the most emphasis on... Jordan is a big body, can kill penalties (not more than adequately), and knows the system.

Caron's lack of offensive skill and scoring prowess are non-factors in Clode's evaluation. Hence, Caron will retire a Bruin!!! :D

Clode huh?

Chiarelli skates on this? It's his draft pick. He's the GM and he can decide who gets called up and not called up. If it's so clear that Khoko is the better option and CJ is simply overruling his boss then PC is softer than I thought.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Amazing how many opportunities Caron gets. He's downright awful. (Must have compromising pictures of management). Why doesn't Koko get a fair opportunity to show what he's got? Especially with Campbell down and out for at least a week.

Hasn't Caron been a healthy scratch most of the time he's been in Boston?

And Koko's a center, not a wing. I would guess with Campbell out they'll put Cunningham back in as the fourth-line center.

BTW, Koko was also out of the Providence lineup for a couple of weeks with an injury. He just returned over the weekend.

weaponomega

Feb 9, 2004
Calgary, Alberta
Hasn't Caron been a healthy scratch most of the time he's been in Boston?

And Koko's a center, not a wing. I would guess with Campbell out they'll put Cunningham back in as the fourth-line center.

BTW, Koko was also out of the Providence lineup for a couple of weeks with an injury. He just returned over the weekend.

I'd rather be playing every game in Providence than being a healthy scratch in Boston. If you are playing you at least get a chance to prove yourself. If you're scratched you are waiting until someone is injured.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
I'd rather be playing every game in Providence than being a healthy scratch in Boston. If you are playing you at least get a chance to prove yourself. If you're scratched you are waiting until someone is injured.

No doubt, but it's not up to Caron. Plus, he's out of options, so he's pretty much stuck in the 13th forward role for now.

Fierce1

Nov 13, 2006
Nova Scotia
Caron is a big body, skates well and is strong on the wall. He plays well in a fourth line role but my problem with him is that it just doesn't last. He's not consistent, he'll play 3 or 4 good games in a row and then his play slides off. That's been his MO since he's been here.

Khoko has top six potential, if he got a chance in that role we could see what we have in him but it may never happen here. I'd honestly like to know what we're doing with Soda, I don't think Soda has the hockey IQ to be a top two center, maybe a winger. Either way I'd like to see Khoko get a shot at centering the third line with Soda and Loui.

Sea Bass Neely

Jun 6, 2013
Rhode Island
Clode huh?

Chiarelli skates on this? It's his draft pick. He's the GM and he can decide who gets called up and not called up. If it's so clear that Khoko is the better option and CJ is simply overruling his boss then PC is softer than I thought.

Well, you have a point and i should have been more specfic. But the point remains that Clode is not completely powerless over who does or does not play... he might not directly determine a player's existence on the B's roster (though likely has some marginal influence)... but Clode himself generally decides who the healthy scratches, 13th forwards or 7th D-men are for any given gave.

Are we really to believe that Clode's effluent praise -- and i am being genuine, not facetious -- of Caron's "coachability" or and/or commitment to his system, a good thing for any coach but especially Clode, has NOTHING to do with how Chia values and utilizes his 1st round asset (bust or no bust, still a #1 pick)??

If Clode hated him Caron would've gone the way of Fraser by now. And Fraser at least scored the occasional goal -- including that huge Game 4 2OT winner -- without having much worse of a +/- (not to defend Fraser, both he and Caron are 13th forwards at the very best... not on the Bruins either)

I do understand that it is more on Chia than it is on Clode. I should have made that clear... sorry!!

Last edited:

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Koko should be up here. stick him on the LW or 4th line center. How much worse can he be than Paille? Campbell? If anything if they have a 4th line of

Cunningham Koko Ferlin

you MAY have something there. Even put Randell instead of Ferlin sometimes and you will have a guy who hits and can fight will the other 2 can score and make plays.

BostonPC

Bleed Black & Gold
Dec 3, 2005
Woburn, MA

I agree... playing everyday for a young player like Koko is the best way to go until you need him to actually cover another center who is injured.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

Not if youre on a two way contract you wouldnt.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad