Alexander Kerfoot Discussion Thread

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Kerfoot is playing good. That’s good. I don’t need stats to tell me we are up 2-1 in the series. The team is getting by. Enough defense,enough offense and enough goaltending. Simple as that. If it wasn’t we wouldn’t be winning. Close the boards down. There is nothing to talk about other than that :)

Kerfoot has been good for months. Everyone knew it at the trade deadline that they weren’t sure his contract should force him out,myself included and i pretty much despised him the first year. He’s been consistently good the entire season. Fully expecting him to be even better actually.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Not sure if serious. Your username is built for trolling, condescension, and smarmy hot takes. Do you really think that 3 playoff games now make him better than a 5th line Center?
And you just routinely have awful takes. At least my smarmy hot takes are often based in reality and truth. point is since the trade kerfoot has been better than Kadri. Full stop.

Reactions: stopclickbait

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
I'm very upset we're gonna lose him in the expansion draft, always been a fan.

Maybe we can sweeten the pot to make them pick Dermott instead, it's been done before.
Unfortunately we’re gonna need to free up the money to pay some guys somewhere and as much as I’m a big fan of Alex, he’s definitely the sacrificial lamb this off-season to cover the raises needed for Morgan and Hyman

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
He still had a bad to mediocre play-in series, and made a lot of us question his ability (and the Kadri trade). I'm happy he's helping TOR, but it still doesn't make me change my opinion on how he did in the play-in series.

If user Nylanderthal wants to buy a Kerfoot leafs jersey then I still might caution him/her.
You realize he played most of last season with a bird cage on after getting his fooking face broken? Plus the whole babcock experience basically submarined last year.

Reactions: stopclickbait

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
And you just routinely have awful takes. At least my smarmy hot takes are often based in reality and truth. point is since the trade kerfoot has been better than Kadri. Full stop.

If you knew anything about what I do or how I post, "routinely" would be the last word you would use.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
You realize he played most of last season with a bird cage on after getting his fooking face broken? Plus the whole babcock experience basically submarined last year.

Like I said: I am happy to see anyone on this roster helping Toronto. I'm not going to go back and erase old posts. There was good cause at the time to think he wasn't going to contribute in a big way. Why don't you bump this thread in 5 years. If he becomes a consistent playoff performer then he has every right to earn the label "average NHLer".

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
To me he is most surprising player in our lineup I have seen in playoffs .. got to give him his dues he has played hard, taken da hits and made plays through them all .. a warrior for sure .. and he brings some nice speed to team which is badly needed .. his is one of those guys who plays better in playoffs then regular season

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
To me he is most surprising player in our lineup I have seen in playoffs .. got to give him his dues he has played hard, taken da hits and made plays through them all .. a warrior for sure .. and he brings some nice speed to team which is badly needed .. his is one of those guys who plays better in playoffs then regular season

I am not sure how to describe him. Feisty? Tough? Mean mofo? Not sure

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Leafs can form another line next season based around JT if gally-kerfoot-nylander pans out.

Ashdown2

Aug 19, 2006
if i had to knit pick his game ... he needs to be selfish and shoot more ... he has a partial breakaway on the pk and slows down to pass the puck ... just shoot it man

Reactions: Seath The Scaleless

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Like I said: I am happy to see anyone on this roster helping Toronto. I'm not going to go back and erase old posts. There was good cause at the time to think he wasn't going to contribute in a big way. Why don't you bump this thread in 5 years. If he becomes a consistent playoff performer then he has every right to earn the label "average NHLer".
Does his 3 point night tonight help him become an "average NHLer" in your eyes ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad