Prospect Info: Alexander Gordin

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Looks like he's not playing this season:

Is he done? Anyone know what happened?

He's playing in the VHL (Russia's AHL). He's with Sochi's VHL affiliate Rostov.

He has 8 pts in 27 GP there. He has yet to play a game in the KHL so far this year.

Elite Prospects is always a better site to check because they keep track of everything a player does. HockeyDB doesn't monitor some leagues. Like the VHL in this instance.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
- Gordin with a goal and an assist in a 4-3 win early this morning.

He now has 5 pts (3G, 2A) in 7 GP.

- Volokhin back in MHL as @montreal mentioned. He's in goal right now for Mamonty Yugry.
Gordin’s VHL right? I wonder if there’s any hope for him. I’m thinking not. I just can’t remember how old he is and I don’t know if he needs to be dominating the VHL at this point to be in the discussion. I assume so

habsprospects

Nov 24, 2003
Sherbrooke, QC
habsprospects.com
Gordin’s VHL right? I wonder if there’s any hope for him. I’m thinking not. I just can’t remember how old he is and I don’t know if he needs to be dominating the VHL at this point to be in the discussion. I assume so
Yes, he is in the VHL, he turned 22 in July and KHL teams didnt think he was worth a contract.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

it's super early but he's one of the top scoring U-23 players in the league but we'll see if he keeps it up or not. Always had a sick shot but the skating/speed was shit. He looks quicker but not expecting anything from him any time soon but still good to see any prospect make progress as you never know.

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
Volokhin with some nice saves today

Kostenko sniped that goal

Gordin with the hot start, he's tied for 2nd in the VHL in goals for U-23 skaters now, 3rd in points. He also played over 21 mins when most games he's been 15-18 mins.
Honest question. Does anyone actually make the nhl if they can't crack the khl on a regular basis? Vhl is equivalent to what NA level? I just don't see how to get excited about Gordins stats.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Honest question. Does anyone actually make the nhl if they can't crack the khl on a regular basis? Vhl is equivalent to what NA level? I just don't see how to get excited about Gordins stats.

yes. as you often see in these pro leagues that winning is their only concern so it can be very tough on young players. Gordin was never much of a prospect due to the skating, speed issues but there has been improvement there.

As for stats, it's more about how they compare to their age related peers in the league as with prospects it's always about how much or little they progress.

Gordin has a legit NHL shot, it's lethal, he's a big body and doesn't shy from contact but for now he's still far out and really just want to see if he can keep this up as he did spend last season in the KHL so like you see sometimes in the AHL where a 21 year old that maybe wasn't expecting to get called up to the NHL that it fires them up the next season in the AHL to try and get back. So we'll see how motivated he is or not.

Reactions: Dutronc

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad