London Knights 2023-2024 Season Thread (Part 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
Wasn't an ex player lol. Was a Knights employee who had a kid as part of an officiating group. You can PM for info I won't share here.
Regardless, were there any controversial calls? You know there's no proof that Hache Sr. Had any say one-way or another on Saginaw supplemental discipline, doesn't mean his freinds in the office are not taking matters into their own hands, or there hasn't been back room discussions. Again look at the unpunished Parekh hit you don't think that's suspendable?

Reactions: LDN

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
Tell me the difference between the Lawrence hit last night and the Parekh hit in the Soo series.
No idea lol. Attack all ya want but if ya never answer a question hard to have a convo.
Again where did Hache influence a call or suspension and any proof?
If it's perceived conflict...what has the league done to minimize it if anything? ( I'm not sure but someone said he isn't handling discipline.....got other info I'm all ears)
Why have other conflicts of interest not been a concern where perceived conflicts could benefit LK?

Last edited:
Reactions: Knights77

Otto

Different arena?
No idea how the decision makers looked at it nor will I try.
No idea what info they had in addition to a tweet video. Was something said prior? Different officials?
No idea cause the OHL won't be transparent.
What's your thoughts on any differences and what is it based on?
Different arena?

Ok... you win

• Haha
Reactions: rve24 and TheCoach

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
Conflict of interest is a tough one.
Should no sports league allow any family member of a player or potential player to be employed by them?
What about extended family?
Friends?
School affiliations, religious or political beliefs
All could be considered conflicts of interest.
And yes I get he is a father, so a close tie for sure. But conflict of interest if removed from decisions.........tough to connect.

Hockey in Ontario is a smaller circle that people think. Getting someone completely void of conflict is impossible. If Hache has no say over suspensions (not his job anyway), and has recused himself from any ref decisions in games Saginaw plays (he has) what else could you possibly do.

Ironically no one complains that Hache and Saginaw both have vastly more pims this season than last.

Tell me the difference between the Lawrence hit last night and the Parekh hit in the Soo series.

One of the two was in their first game back from a different lengthy suspension for a dangerous hit?

Reactions: rve24

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
Regardless, were there any controversial calls? You know there's no proof that Hache Sr. Had any say one-way or another on Saginaw supplemental discipline, doesn't mean his freinds in the office are not taking matters into their own hands, or there hasn't been back room discussions. Again look at the unpunished Parekh hit you don't think that's suspendable?

Ok so we need no proof of your Hache concerns other than you connecting imaginary dots but your asking for proof a linesman had a conflict of interest ( he coulda got his buddy the ref to make a call following your logic) when officiating a LK game when his dad worked in upper office position. R influenced another game LK could benefit from they werent playing in? That's rich Otto lol.
Have a great night. All good here. But this horse is dead.
I get it, easy target in Haxhe, no confirmation of his role in anything, perception only counts if its a dad .

Different arena?

Ok... you win
Again no answers to the questions I've asked. I got no idea the difference or similarities of the entire picture as u ask about. You got anything to complete my picture other than a tweet video?

Last edited:

Otto

One of the two was in their first game back from a different lengthy suspension for a dangerous hit?
So... Parekh gets 2 minutes for the exact same hit that Lawrence did because Lawrence was a repeat offender? On ice officialls base their calls that way?

Tell me then, what was the difference between Lawrence's first hit and Parekhs?

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
So... Parekh gets 2 minutes for the exact same hit that Lawrence did because Lawrence was a repeat offender? On ice officialls base their calls that way?

Tell me then, what was the difference between Lawrence's first hit and Parekhs?

Position on ice? Arena? One was in retaliation? I dunno which, but I'm guessing the officials are the ones to ask. Not us with incomplete info.

Last edited:

crowncarrier

My father hung me on a hook once....once.
Apr 10, 2015

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
Position on ice? Arena? One was in retaliation? I dunno. Which but I'm guessing the officials are the ones to ask. Not us with incomplete info.

They clearly deemed Lawrence cross check was retaliatory with intent to injure. He sees Parekh going after Bonk for hitting Sapo without the puck and lets it fly.

The plays can look the same but intent can be interpreted differently by different crews. SSMs said that the league told the team that the Parekh hit should have been looked at as a 5 after the game. So of course when it happens again it’s going to get looked at.

Doesn’t mean that Conrad is puppet mastering Saginaw to the finals even though he’s recused

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
Both hits were dangerous and both deserved 5, game misconduct and suspension. Parekh got 2 minutes. You need to get those glasses off cause you're missing alot out there. Take another look and tell me Parekh only deserved 2 mins.

I’ve literally never said Parekh deserved more or less. Both hits are dumb. But only one was retaliatory and only one was done by someone coming off a suspension (which increases suspension length)

Otto

They clearly deemed Lawrence cross check was retaliatory with intent to injure. He sees Parekh going after Bonk for hitting Sapo without the puck and lets it fly.

The plays can look the same but intent can be interpreted differently by different crews. SSMs said that the league told the team that the Parekh hit should have been looked at as a 5 after the game. So of course when it happens again it’s going to get looked at.

Doesn’t mean that Conrad is puppet mastering Saginaw to the finals even though he’s recused
Lawrence's first hit.. against Motew.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Enough with the Hache stuff lol. WTF are they suppose to do? Fire the dad or make the kid play in another league circumventing the CHL rules?
Offer a solution or the whinning is just sour grapes.
I'm curious to those complaining what the answer is.....limit OHL personnel to only people with no kids playing hockey?
Seriously would love to here those painting fingers to come up with a solution that isn't contradictory to HR and ESA guidelines. Here is your chance......

Officiating is inconsistent as well as discipline and its understandable homer fans get pissed regardless of what side of the fence you lay your chair. And if your a former media person it's a crutch n conspiracy lol.

BUT MLB is a joke, NBA is brutal, NHL is less than to be desired, the NFL isn't close to perfect and I won't even go to pro soccer in NA. It is what it is play thru it or don't. LK let the Spirit n Refs get in their heads, they responded in a way that didn't help mitigate the issue but rather inflamed it.

Just 1 game, but Hunter needs to get them focused and I expect thats the convo today n tomorrow. It happens.

2 chances to close the door. Take the op n run with it.
Love to see Barkey n Cowan go off offensively.......and I'll guess McC leads in a different way Sunday after a meeting with staff. ( I'm wondering if he is struggling physically.....based on play n body language...regardless the answer isn't what he did Friday night. )
Still alot to learn kiddo! About politic and napotism

crowncarrier

My father hung me on a hook once....once.
Apr 10, 2015

Knights77

Oct 5, 2012
Bud Gardens
I didn’t want to have to make the trip back to Saginaw, but here we go again! Hoping Simpson steals a game (meaning ZERO soft goals). Everyone has to step up, and enough with the lack of discipline. Missing Sim will be a bigger impact than Lawrence. He was rusty coming back from his suspension. 13 needs to stop floating, play with some determination. He hasn’t been the same since Kitchener. Should be an entertaining game!

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Position on ice? Arena? One was in retaliation? I dunno. Which but I'm guessing the officials are the ones to ask. Not us with incomplete info.
Based upon these discussions. Wouldn't it depend on the officials in the game? If both of them were the same you can have a discussion. Based upon plays one was during play and one was after the whistle. I am all in for great conspiracy but we are talking about OHL referees who aren't good enough to crack the AHL or NHL and hold these referees to a high standard. It can be argued hockey has the worst referees in North America. At least in baseball they have been moving to robot umpires.

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario
The Parekh stuff is interesting. He gets favourable treatment from the league and it’s indisputable at this point. Why that is? I’m not going to pretend to understand.

I know a lot of people are asking right now about the preferential treatment he received after the brutal cross check against SSM….
But there is not much talk about him recieving the absolute softest suspension of the season.

Sim was apparently just suspended 5 PLAYOFF games for Unsportmanlike conduct because he called his opponent the ‘P’ word. Parekh literally spit on his opponent and only got 2 (TWO) regular season games?

Spitting on someone is one of the most disgusting, vile, disrespectful, unsportsmanlike conduct acts you can commit in hockey.

Forget hockey. If you’re walking down the street and someone calls you an awful name. Of course it would rattle you. But if someone spits on you? That level of disrespect would invoke an immediate reaction that you probably couldn’t even control. The two acts aren’t even comparable.

Last edited:

zman77

Oct 1, 2015

2 London Knights Receive 5 Game Suspensions in the OHL Playoffs​

Kaleb Lawrence & Landon Sim​

For Kaleb Lawrence, his suspension was due to a cross-check to the head of Saginaw defender Zayne Parekh. This is a cross check that was targeted high at the head of Parekh, and there is really no way of defending a play like this for Lawrence.
For Lawrence, this hit came in his return to the lineup for the Knights — as he had another five game suspension that he was serving previously. This was a result of another high hit for the 6-foot-7 centreman, as he is gaining a reputation through this postseason.
For Landon Sim, his suspension was reportedly due to something he said to an official or opposing player. This action was clearly bad enough for the OHL to suspend him for five games, and the energetic, physical forward will be out for the next five games for London.

• Wow
Reactions: Fastpace

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Based upon these discussions. Wouldn't it depend on the officials in the game? If both of them were the same you can have a discussion. Based upon plays one was during play and one was after the whistle. I am all in for great conspiracy but we are talking about OHL referees who aren't good enough to crack the AHL or NHL and hold these referees to a high standard. It can be argued hockey has the worst referees in North America. At least in baseball they have been moving to robot umpires.
According to David Branch, OHL/CHL do have the "best referees in the world" his words, the commissioner himself. He did not talk about his refs learning the trade, he said they are best, and that is where I place the caution flag. Referees are humans, they make mistakes and they make good calls, they could also be influenced by many things around them at home or on the ice or by fans.. Another thing, in hype up game actions, this could also be their moment to shine in full arenas. Just saying

Reactions: dino200022

Otto

The Parekh stuff is interesting. He gets favourable treatment from the league and it’s indisputable at this point. Why that is? I’m not going to pretend to understand.

I know a lot of people are asking right now about the preferential treatment he received after the brutal cross check against SSM….
But there is not much talk about him recieving the absolute softest suspension of the season.

Sim was apparently just suspended 5 PLAYOFF games for Unsportmanlike conduct because he called his opponent the ‘P’ word. Parekh literally spit on his opponent and only got 2 (TWO) regular season games?

Spitting on someone is one of the most disgusting, vile, disrespectful, unsportsmanlike conduct acts you can commit in hockey.

Forget hockey. If you’re walking down the street and someone calls you an awful name. Of course it would rattle you. But if someone spits on you? That level of disrespect would invoke an immediate reaction that you probably couldn’t even control. The two acts aren’t even comparable.
He didn't spit... he was "talking moistly" 🤣

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
Interesting that 10 years ago, Stolarz received 8 games for a stick swing to the back of Ho-Sang’s helmet. Guo received 5 for a stick swing to the face of Hayes. 10 years ago, I’m sure raging London haters were crying conspiracy for only 8 games for Stolarz. I have barely heard a peep about only 5 games for Guo. Interesting. I don’t have an opinion about what is light or heavy regarding suspensions because I have seen zero consistency during my time following the OHL. I am not a MAGA guy either. Have fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad