Confirmed with Link: Alex Volkov on waivers for contract termination

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Barring the emergence of some of the players who took the NCAA route, the 2017 NHL Draft class is looking fairly thin.

Other than Jason Robertson and Max Comtois, and maybe New Jersey's Jesper Boqvist, not a lot of the second round picks have stood out to this point.

It looks like Volkov was either injured or demoted as he played just 19 regular season games for SKA, though he did play all 16 playoff games.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Barring the emergence of some of the players who took the NCAA route, the 2017 NHL Draft class is looking fairly thin.

Other than Jason Robertson and Max Comtois, and maybe New Jersey's Jesper Boqvist, not a lot of the second round picks have stood out to this point.

It looks like Volkov was either injured or demoted as he played just 19 regular season games for SKA, though he did play all 16 playoff games.

He was just another fringe player in a long line of fringe players that we had. I still wish evgeny artyukhin worked out for us years ago

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Haha, I remember when they tried Artyukhin with Koivu and Selänne. Wish it had worked out.

I also remember in the WC 2011 Artyukhin was injuring people left and right. I remember when some Finnish reporter interviewed Tuomo Ruutu on the morning of Finland-Russia game and every question was about Artyukhin. He was asking like "how does Artyukhin affect your preparation for the game?" and "what will you do against Artyukhin?". I was fully expecting him to ask "how does playing against Artyukhin affect your breakfast?".

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Haha, I remember when they tried Artyukhin with Koivu and Selänne. Wish it had worked out.

I also remember in the WC 2011 Artyukhin was injuring people left and right. I remember when some Finnish reporter interviewed Tuomo Ruutu on the morning of Finland-Russia game and every question was about Artyukhin. He was asking like "how does Artyukhin affect your preparation for the game?" and "what will you do against Artyukhin?". I was fully expecting him to ask "how does playing against Artyukhin affect your breakfast?".
Artyukhin was also a faster skater than he looked which was nice to go along with him being big, wish he could have developed into a bottom line energy guy who uses his decent speed to not be out of position and facepunch when needed. Never saw much offensive potential in him when i watched, so i felt he should have focused on becoming a defensive minded winger who can hit and punch.

Reactions: JabbaJabba

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad