Value of: Alex Turcotte

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Is the prospect of having Byfield-Vilardi-Turcotte as the top-3 centre in a few years so bad? You could always trade Kupari if it's too much of a logjam but 3 quality centre isnt too much
And that is what would likely happen. They could even go with Stutzle and run a top 3 of Vilardi, Turcotte and Thomas.

Stutzle-Vilardi-Kupari
Kaliyev-Turcotte-Fagemo
Xxx-Thomas-xxx

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
That's cool for the Rangers but unless they're willing to take way less for Laf or have a #1 d prospect they'd move 1 for 1 for a kid like Turcotte then they can look elsewhere.

Pretty much, yeah.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
It would be a tempting offer if Kravtsov would have a solid year.
Is there any information you Rangers guys can share, what happened to him. He had a horrible, horrible year.
He was even removed from the KHL roster where he scored 35 points the year before.

Right now i wouldn't trade any promising center prospect for Kravtsov

It’s not close to a good offer.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
This is so overblown. They have Zibby who IS a 1C.

Having a solid 2C is more of a luxury than saying “desperately”.

The Rangers are still one year away from becoming a big power house.
It isn't overblown, the Rangers future is built around wingers. Anaheim Ducks might have been the last team to try to build around franchise wingers rather than a center. Krieder or Kakko, someone needs to be moved for a slightly lesser center.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
LA would have no motivation to trade Turcotte. It is way early in a lot of these prospects' development. We don't know if even Byfield turns out to be a solid NHL player. You might as well keep the best center depth in the NHL and, if need be, transfer one to wing or trade one after they've become better established and you have a better idea of your future roster. The way a player like Turcotte gets moved is if someone gets stupid and makes a desperate move, and I guarantee you that LA is just patiently sitting there and likely won't be that team.

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
What do the Kings add to Turcotte to get Kakko?

NYR drafts Lafreniere, LA drafts Byfield

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
It’s probably something like Kakko for Turcotte.

I was joking.

I’ll take Turcotte over Dach.

I'll goess Kakko and Turcotte would be somehow fair.
Any insight on why he isn't really breaking out?
I watched a couple of Rangers games but noticed he is either never on the ice or not noticable.
Are his minutes limited?

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I'll goess Kakko and Turcotte would be somehow fair.
Any insight on why he isn't really breaking out?
I watched a couple of Rangers games but noticed he is either never on the ice or not noticable.
Are his minutes limited?

Kakko looked better at the end of the season. I think it's a combination of everything (stamina, skating, speed of the game, strength, smaller ice) as opposed to one or two things. I expect him to be better going forward, but I also think all those top 2019 picks are in the same boat. None of them were great last season, so the value is pretty interchangeable as I see it, and its more down to personal preference.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad