Value of: Alex Turcotte

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Yeah unless that’s Addison Rae Kings laugh and hand up

It's just the value, not saying the Kings would do it. A highly regarded prospect at a position of their need, and then a sweetener.

But I agree it's a weird offer considering LA could've just taken Boldy a year ago if they wanted to. Then again, they didn't know that they'd be drafting Byfield a year later.

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
Vilardi more likely to be traded. Especially since Kopitar is still good and on the roster for a while. Byfield/Turcotte are the future 1C/2C punch.

Vilardi for a D or W makes sense.

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
It's just the value, not saying the Kings would do it. A highly regarded prospect at a position of their need, and then a sweetener.

But I agree it's a weird offer considering LA could've just taken Boldy a year ago if they wanted to. Then again, they didn't know that they'd be drafting Byfield a year later.
They still might not even draft Byfield and opt for Stutzle. For some reason.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Vilardi more likely to be traded. Especially since Kopitar is still good and on the roster for a while. Byfield/Turcotte are the future 1C/2C punch.

Id gladly take Vilardi off your hands if that is the case. Wild would welcome a right handed C with open arms. which do you need more D or W? we got both

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

I would gladly target Vilardi over Turcotte, as he fits in with our timeline better. My assumption was that he would be less available as he's a better asset than Turcotte.

The Wild have quite a few prospects or players that could be available. Personally I'd have no qualms about sending Dumba or Brodin, though their contracts and age don't really fit with LA. After them, we have Boldy, Khovanov, Addison as our top prospects, all of which project top-6 or top-4. The next tier includes guys like Firstov, Beckman and Menell, who could be top-6 or top-4 but not as likely. Donato, Greenway would be available.

We could surely come up with a package of Boldy/Khovanov/Addison+Firstov/Beckman/Menell+pick, which wouldn't give LA a super high end prospect anywhere, but would help fill in the depth chart at positions besides center, where they need help.

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
plenty of rumors saying Stutzle will go ahead of Byfield which could also not be a horrible pick but still another C prospect which LA seems rather deep with assuming they pick a C 2OA.
I personally think Stutzle projects much better at W at the NHL level because of his perimeter game. But that might be a minority opinion.

Reactions: Guitpik

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Kings should have no interest in moving high end picks or prospects. Keep all the pieces and make your adjustments once your closing in on being a playoff team.
i dont disagree with you in that mindset at all, just the simple fact that we need C and with Kopitar still on roster, Vilardi and Turcotte already there and potentially Byfield/Stutzle, looks very much like youre gonna be loaded at C and could be fine with trading 1 to fill a need of your own.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
i dont disagree with you in that mindset at all, just the simple fact that we need C and with Kopitar still on roster, Vilardi and Turcotte already there and potentially Byfield/Stutzle, looks very much like youre gonna be loaded at C and could be fine with trading 1 to fill a need of your own.

I completely disagree with moving any top end guys during a rebuild. Keep them all one can move to wing if need be. Plus from everything I have heard and read 21 draft is loaded with defense. Plus LA young defenseman in the system are better then most think, it’s not a desperate need that we should even consider moving any of the top guys Blake has put together.

Reactions: Guitpik

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
I completely disagree with moving any top end guys during a rebuild. Keep them all one can move to wing if need be. Plus from everything I have heard and read 21 draft is loaded with defense. Plus LA young defenseman in the system are better then most think, it’s not a desperate need that we should even consider moving any of the top guys Blake has put together.
i agree they could do that and keep all their top prospects. im not against that mindset at all sir just hoping to steal one of them from you is all.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
With LA having the ability to draft Byfield and Vilardi already on the NHL roster. What would the cost be to acquire Turcotte from the Kings?

From the Wild it's one person and one person only...Kaprizov. LA isnt looking to move their top end talent without being overpaid and that's the only player I'd ask for from the Wild. LA is deep with prospects and doesnt want quantity over quality.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad