Trade: Alex Smith to Washington for 3rd round pick + Kendall Fuller (And signs 4-year extension)

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Interesting. It seemed obvious they weren't going to franchise Cousins or pay his asking price but this came out of nowhere. I think it's a good move for Washington depending on what they gave up. Something around the 44th overall pick makes sense to me.

I wonder where Cousins goes now. I'll guess the Broncos.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
someone tell me how to feel lol, it seems good for skins
Well, as a Chiefs fan, Alex Smith will give you blue balls. He'll look on point for half the game and then just shit the bed as the game goes on. In clutch moments, he never seems to come through.

If I had to guess, I'd say Smith just had the best year he'll ever have. And his best year is still just 26 TD passes.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Rapoport says it'll be finalized tomorrow, though the article in The Star says something about March. I dunno.

Pretty sure he's wrong about tomorrow unless he just means they're going to finalize the terms of the deal then. They have to wait until the new league year to make it official.

Reactions: What the Faulk

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
They already got an extension done too? Damn. Very curious to see how much they're going to pay him.

Sep 19, 2008
They already got an extension done too? Damn. Very curious to see how much they're going to pay him.

A shitload equivalent or more than what Cousins was offered

Will be curious to see how this goes because Cousins as much hype was around him was kind of okay. Tapered late in the season last 2 years.

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
Jesus Christ, the Bills better be all over getting Cousins.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
A 2nd round pick being the main piece going back seems fine for both sides.

Washington screwed the whole situation up with the franchise tags but at least they stopped now instead of giving him $30M/yr.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad