Alex Semin II (Mod Warning Post#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
He hasn't been great? Okay.

Still don't see why we'd want Mitchell or some other 4th liner ahead of him on that line though. What we really need is a trade.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
If they weren't able to light a fire under this guy after a prolonged layoff, why would he be any better now? He's coming off a game where he barely played. Not holding my hopes up.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada

Still don't see why we'd want Mitchell or some other 4th liner ahead of him on that line though. What we really need is a trade.

We do, but the way the cap works we probably need to wait until february to make the move.

In the meantime I think we should try guys like Holloway, Thomas, Hudon, etc..

There may also be an opportunity to try Kassian at some point (not right now but maybe in december or january).

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002

Been ok. Just kinda there. Not really doing anything bad or good. A warm body.

At this point, id give him max 10 games, maybe try switching him with gallagher and if he cant produce, its time to try someone from St Johns until you can make a trade.

No point having him in and out of the lineup. Too high maintenance for the end result

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Been ok. Just kinda there. Not really doing anything bad or good. A warm body.

At this point, id give him max 10 games, maybe try switching him with gallagher and if he cant produce, its time to try someone from St Johns until you can make a trade.

No point having him in and out of the lineup. Too high maintenance for the end result
Agree on switching him with Gallagher. At least give it a try.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Didn't watch the game. Happy to see that he got a point. Low minutes again? How did he play?

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Its silly to try nothing. They are trying to force chemistry on that line and think it somehow will just click if they wait long enough
MT really is weird. He'll do anything to get some players going but others he just sticks with them as they are no matter what.

Vi Nc E x13x

Oct 30, 2011
Who Knows
Didn't watch the game. Happy to see that he got a point. Low minutes again? How did he play?

Good enough to have earned more minutes but didn't ... They called up sven so he probably gets benched again. MT has a bad habit of not allowing players like him to succeed by not using them correctly.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Good enough to have earned more minutes but didn't ... They called up sven so he probably gets benched again. MT has a bad habit of not allowing players like him to succeed by not using them correctly.

I'd be surprised and disappointed if Semin isn't in the lineup after a solid game, because it would mean Therrien had written him off regardless of performance. That's a misuse of resources. I'll predict Semin will play and 'Ghetto sits, because Therrien is biased but not completely illogical.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I'd be surprised and disappointed if Semin isn't in the lineup after a solid game, because it would mean Therrien had written him off regardless of performance. That's a misuse of resources. I'll predict Semin will play and 'Ghetto sits, because Therrien is biased but not completely illogical.

I wish Flynn or Byron sat. I know that won't happen and neither really deserve to.
Ghetto's probably just being rewarded for that good game with some extra money.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I wish Flynn or Byron sat. I know that won't happen and neither really deserve to.
Ghetto's probably just being rewarded for that good game with some extra money.

Flynn had a good game. I think he looked way better as a center. Byron was not bad either. I think it was one of their best game this season.

This said we need some help in the top 9 and now would be a good time to try a kid. I would probably sit Byron as Semin had a good game and is obviously a more skilled player.

Semin-Flynn-DSP looked good when they were on the ice.

rabbit4949

Apr 1, 2013
Agree on switching him with Gallagher. At least give it a try.

If he is switched with anyone , it should be Eller. Semin has played left wing for almost his whole career. If he looks lost out there and can't find his spot from which to shoot ,there is a reason. He is on the wrong side of the ice and cannot make the adjustment.Why can't coach give him a smallest chance to succeed.This is a no loss proposition. If he fails on the left side the team is no worse off.If he succeeds then the team wins.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
If he is switched with anyone , it should be Eller. Semin has played left wing for almost his whole career. If he looks lost out there and can't find his spot from which to shoot ,there is a reason. He is on the wrong side of the ice and cannot make the adjustment.Why can't coach give him a smallest chance to succeed.This is a no loss proposition. If he fails on the left side the team is no worse off.If he succeeds then the team wins.

Playing LW or RW has never been an issue for Semin. He played LW on the Caps and RW for the Canes.
He had a PPG season (44 pts in 44 games) with the Canes on the RW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad