Alex Semin - High Risk or Perfect Fit

daynus

Nov 25, 2002
Good Ole Saskatchewan
Visit site
Semin, not even as a free Christmas gift.
Kane on the other hand. Atlanta-Winnipeg, has not made the playoffs since when. I don't know the whole injury Drama situation going down in the peg. Chevy is not the sharpest knife in the drawer, and lucky for us we have his brother as a cabinet minister.
If we can get rid of some of our retarted contracts, and get Kane cheap, which should be easy. Then if we bring in a real coach, kane would look pretty darn good on the giroux,voracek line. Philly would be a team that could turn Kane around.

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
Semin, not even as a free Christmas gift.
Kane on the other hand. Atlanta-Winnipeg, has not made the playoffs since when. I don't know the whole injury Drama situation going down in the peg. Chevy is not the sharpest knife in the drawer, and lucky for us we have his brother as a cabinet minister.
If we can get rid of some of our retarted contracts, and get Kane cheap, which should be easy. Then if we bring in a real coach, kane would look pretty darn good on the giroux,voracek line. Philly would be a team that could turn Kane around.

Taking contracts out of consideration, I'd rather have Semin.

SgtJoseph*

What? Zherdev plays no D and is primarily a playmaker. Semin WANTS to play on the PK is more then solid defensively and has one of the best wrist shots in the league. Pretty much the only common denominator between Zherdev and Semin is that they are Russian.

Absolutely correct ! Semin is a helluva talent , and about half the negative stuff said about him is absolute NONSENSE ! Having said that i liked watching Zherdev play, his puck skills alone were worth the cost of a ticket ........PRO SPORTS are for entertainment , and both of these players are entertaining for sure .

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Absolutely correct ! Semin is a helluva talent , and about half the negative stuff said about him is absolute NONSENSE ! Having said that i liked watching Zherdev play, his puck skills alone were worth the cost of a ticket ........PRO SPORTS are for entertainment , and both of these players are entertaining for sure .

Agreed, I thought Zherdev got a raw deal here, but I know I'm fairly outspoken on that topic

blinds

Jan 5, 2012
Ehh, I would've liked Semin at one point but we can't handle that contract with where we're at now.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly

Know what's really entertaining? When your teams wins hockey games.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
I'd take Zherdev back before Semin. My goodness, are some of you people insane??

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
If we could flip another contract and CAR retains a big 'ol chunk of that salary, I'd be interested. But trading real assets and no salary retained...no thank you.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
zherdev imo was a great signing. cheap and he had one of the top even strength goal per 60 minute rate of any player.

I remember distinctly the giroux carter and zherdev line at times looked absolutely dominate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad