Alex Semin - High Risk or Perfect Fit

HeadShot

Dec 8, 2009
Im sure we all know that the last year or so for Semin has been absolutely mind boggling that a guy with that much skill just all of a sudden isnt breaking the lineup on a terrible team in the Canes but this is the same player who is a serious sniping threat on the wing and he plays responsibly in his own end. If we could unload a guy like A Mac or Vinny i would pick up Semin off waivers and put him on the top line with G and V Playing alongside those guys would give Semin a fresh start and he would have ample opportunities to rediscover his unmatched scoring touch....

Thoughts???

hattrick3518

Jan 31, 2011
B-Ham
For as bad as his numbers have been, which is all relative based on the team he's on. I don't think the Canes are in any rush to unload him. Would be interesting to see a Semin - Giroux - Voracek line though...

BackWithaVengeance

Jan 19, 2008
Germany
image.jpg%3Fw%3D500%26c%3D1

----------------------------------------------------------------

Wooohoooo, 1000th post. Took me only 7+ years .........

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
I would LOVE to have him here. Think he would be awesome on Giroux wing. That said, not at 7 million a year

Flyerss

Jun 23, 2013
Umberger-Vinny-Semin would be an awesome line, old over payed players with long term contracts.

Just what the doctor ordered.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
If he was on LW, he would be set up for 1 timers by Giroux. :sarcasm:

I would trade other bad contracts for him...but not pick him up for free

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
The Flyers are in no situation to pick up any more risky contracts... unless they can send some dead weight the other way.

In a perfect world: Semin for MacDonald+Umberger.

bb12

Aug 21, 2014
USA
Whats his contract? UFA for 4 mil due to his lack of time and production. id do it.

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
I'd love to have him, but not at that cap hit.

He has the best wrist shot in the game, and is alright defensively. Having him on the wing with Giroux and Voracek would be spectacular.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
He's pretty much Zherdev with a bad contract.

So no, don't want him.

What? Zherdev plays no D and is primarily a playmaker. Semin WANTS to play on the PK is more then solid defensively and has one of the best wrist shots in the league. Pretty much the only common denominator between Zherdev and Semin is that they are Russian.

The Couturier Effect

Aug 8, 2012
What? Zherdev plays no D and is primarily a playmaker. Semin WANTS to play on the PK is more then solid defensively and has one of the best wrist shots in the league. Pretty much the only common denominator between Zherdev and Semin is that they are Russian.

Like Zherdev, Semin's attitude and work ethic is a problem. Why do you think he's been a healthy scratch so often? It's not because he lacks the talent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad