Rumor: Alex Pietrangelo discussion #2- Will it happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I am not happy but I am far from being piss. For all we know, Pietra never wanted to leave the Blues.

Go4soda

Dec 15, 2015
People dumping on Dubas because he made an offer to Pietrangelo that works for the leafs by allowing us to make other improvements as well... what teams like Boston and Tampa and pit have done... it’s how you build responsibly instead of falling head over heels for every player like we’ve always done.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Pietrangelo.png

No? Ok I'll stop

Reactions: howlman

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
blah blah

If Pietrangelo wants to play here Dubas will make room for him

They are already nearly $3M above the cap.

If they move Johnsson / Kerfoot, they JUST become compliant, and that's only with a 20 man roster.

He's not coming.

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
They are already nearly $3M above the cap.

If they move Johnsson / Kerfoot, they JUST become compliant, and that's only with a 20 man roster.

He's not coming.
Cool but shouldn't speak in definitives if you have no idea what is going on right now (eg. all of us). No one will pass on a #1 if they have an opportunity to sign one.

Reactions: Go4soda

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Likely didn't choose the Leafs, so he let them know ... Leafs then moved to plan B

This may so be and if correct, there isn't really anything to complain about. Brodie isn't great but he is better than Barrie and Ceci, and way, way safer than someone like Gudas who seems to have played his way down to a 3rd pairing guy. I have a concern if he has 4 years of NM but it is what it is. He barely moves the needle at all so they still need the next step to shore up the D. I really hope they can somehow replace Kerfoot with a cheaper option as he was not close to worth the contract commitment. Still a ways to go.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
People dumping on Dubas because he made an offer to Pietrangelo that works for the leafs by allowing us to make other improvements as well... what teams like Boston and Tampa and pit have done... it’s how you build responsibly instead of falling head over heels for every player like we’ve always done.
He could have made a better offer if Money Mitch was paid like his peers.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
He could have made a better offer if Money Mitch was paid like his peers.

They have an internal "dollars per win" number that Pietrangelo is worth to them over the next 7 years, Marner being overpaid doesn't factor in to what that number is. Going over that number isn't a good idea even if Marner was signed to a 7mil deal.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Probably best to close this up since it's become highly unlikely the Leafs will sign Pietro .. And the thread is past its limit anyway.

If the rumour mill picks up again we can create a new thread.

Reactions: nuck
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad