Post-Game Talk: Alex Petrovic is elite: 4-3 Blues

Will you be watching tonight?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
No your opinion doesn’t matter conform to the group or get out.

View attachment 164467

But seriously nobody is saying the defense couldn’t be better, what were saying is the bad goaltending is so much worse than the bad D it’s a much greater reason for the losses. Mediocre D leads to a high danger shot on goal (happens to every team in every game) mediocre goaltending leads to goals on low danger shots.

Stop being so logically! haha

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007

View attachment 164467

But seriously nobody is saying the defense couldn’t be better, what were saying is the bad goaltending is so much worse than the bad D it’s a much greater reason for the losses. Mediocre D leads to a high danger shot on goal (happens to every team in every game) mediocre goaltending leads to goals on low danger shots.

Good gif, good post.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006

View attachment 164467

Yeah well, I’m not gonna dig up posts from those actively speaking of it being very largely a goalie problem, but feel free to search for what vendetta and raining have said.

If I was going to make it quantitative and assign numbers, I’d say those claiming it’s primarily a goalie problem are saying something like 75% G, 15% D, 10% bot-6.

I’m saying it’s about 45% G, 35% D, 20% bot-6.

Enough of a difference of opinion I guess to fight about endlessly.

————
Beyond the on-ice stuff, it’s more fundamentally an owner and GM and coach problem.

Reactions: Kid Icarus

harv33173

Oct 5, 2003
People have ripped on the goalies because they let in a bunch of weak goals and have generally sucked. No one has said anything because Roberto was fine today.
i can't say that this loss was due to goaltending, but i can say that lou is not making timely saves. how many times have we lost in the last minute, or less when lou has been on the ice? good goaltenders find a way to make a stop in key situations. who was the better goaltender tonight? i would have to say that lou again was outmatched by the opposing goaltender. this has become a habit. when will we give someone else a shot? btw, i'd seriously give tippet a shot. he showed last year that he could handle 1st & 2nd line duties and his speed is incredible as is his shot! we have to bring someone else up!!! imo, the d looked good last night as did petro. matheson is having some turnover issues, but you have to stick with him because of his upside talent level.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
i can't say that this loss was due to goaltending, but i can say that lou is not making timely saves. how many times have we lost in the last minute, or less when lou has been on the ice? good goaltenders find a way to make a stop in key situations. who was the better goaltender tonight? i would have to say that lou again was outmatched by the opposing goaltender. this has become a habit. when will we give someone else a shot? btw, i'd seriously give tippet a shot. he showed last year that he could handle 1st & 2nd line duties and his speed is incredible as is his shot! we have to bring someone else up!!! imo, the d looked good last night as did petro. matheson is having some turnover issues, but you have to stick with him because of his upside talent level.
Are you really saying Luongo is the only goalie playing bad and that petro played good? I can’t even fathom what you’re on....

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
"It's just been one of those years" - Sounds like he's locked and loaded with the bad luck excuses for the end of the season. Also, doesn't sound like he's in any mindset whatsoever to make any changes, other than bringing guys up from Springfield. So, basically our season hinges on "hoping" this team turns it around. Well, good luck with that.

Also - I'm getting tired of the young players excuse and the rhetoric around giving them time to get comfortable and whatnot...the average age of the team is 27.2 and our youngest player is Malgin at 21...we have guys like Hoffman, Yandle, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Barkov, Matheson, Ekblad...and the list goes on - none of these guys are "young" by today's standards. I'm sick and tired of it. I don't even understand what he's talking about. Next thing we know, Huberdeau and Trocheck will be 30 years old and we'll still be waiting for young guys to get comfortable, it's absolutely ridiculous.

Weiss was near 30 when they still gave that our core is young when our core was Weiss

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
Weiss was near 30 when they still gave that our core is young when our core was Weiss

I think that in their minds they have been perpetually drafting high so we'll always have a young core...

Little Bobby Boo

Jul 30, 2014
If they're going to bring up Hawk and Borg I want to see them actually playing.

Move McCann to 3C with Hunt and whoever on his wing and give Borg Hoff and Hawk on his wings. Also give Borg PP2 time over someone like Vatrano.

See what they can do

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014

OOOOOHHH

Scary!

Play Petro More.

Now that STL on rebuild or retool mode, I'd trade Cats' 1st round pick /Denisenko + Hepo + Malgin for Parayko.

Even though the TBirds are playing rather well in the AHL, I wouldn't promote anyone else than MacDonald and Melchiori to the show. Just don't let the Cats taint the AHL squad.

Reactions: Brokin

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
hey all, any word on when Trocheck might be back?? I was curious if it seems like months or weeks still before he returns?? haven't seen much on it was hopeful a few rumors or tweets have discussed this...thanks

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
hey all, any word on when Trocheck might be back?? I was curious if it seems like months or weeks still before he returns?? haven't seen much on it was hopeful a few rumors or tweets have discussed this...thanks

Trocheck's Blog: On the Road to Recovery
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That is Trocheck's latest blog just over a week ago, he sounds confident to be back sooner than assumed as he's gone through a similar injury and knows what to expect, how to rehab etc...

He had surgery 3 weeks ago today so my personal guess (with no setbacks) would be mid to late January which is roughly 7-8 weeks total. May take him a good week or two to get back into game shape, Boughner will ease his minutes back in and Tro will tell him how he feels along the way.

Reactions: AmericanDream

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany

I doesnt heard a Word but he should only comeback when he is 110% ready, with this Season it makes 0% sense to rush him back. So im happy with the Situation, no one asked so far, cause to pressure an Injured Player back, in this worst szenario of a Season and Games, is the last thing Panthers needs.

But the greatest Shit i read today was comment from our Coach.
Boughner said: There is a special meeting befor the Practice and he warn the Players "there could" be some serious Roster changeing.

Holy Panther!! When i use the term "could be", been 2 Points away from last in the Division, 7 Points out of a PO Spot, he cant be serious.
You better did already something or does this Coach feel, we sill in the Race, with todays preformance and loose all the Time. Should we wait 30 Games more, before we doing some serious Roster changeing.
When People saying the Problems start somewhere, i would say it starts with the Problem that a lot of People here in this Franchise take there Job not really serious.

How much worse we must be, before we do what every Franchise has to do.
When i watch St. Louis, they won the Game and start the Fire Sale of the Season, before on 19 December the Window for trades close.

So worse our team is playing, the Problem start with takeing the Situation much to light. Still looseing and still warning.

That is the Main Problem in my Opinion.

Last edited:
Reactions: AmericanDream

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Trocheck's Blog: On the Road to Recovery
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That is Trocheck's latest blog just over a week ago, he sounds confident to be back sooner than assumed as he's gone through a similar injury and knows what to expect, how to rehab etc...

He had surgery 3 weeks ago today so my personal guess (with no setbacks) would be mid to late January which is roughly 7-8 weeks total. May take him a good week or two to get back into game shape, Boughner will ease his minutes back in and Tro will tell him how he feels along the way.
awesome...I read that a few days back, but no timetable was given and I wasn't sure how long it took him to get back from his last one.

I appreciate it, thanks very much- hope he gets back for you guys soon, heck of a player, damn shame what happened and thankful it isn't worse with how horrible it looked.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
I was in Tampa today for business and talking to people there about how proud and excited they are for the lightning made me physically sick.

Trying to describe the pain and suffering and apathy of panthers fans to them was like describing an episode of intervention about a family member you love but can’t do anything for to get better.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
awesome...I read that a few days back, but no timetable was given and I wasn't sure how long it took him to get back from his last one.

I appreciate it, thanks very much- hope he gets back for you guys soon, heck of a player, damn shame what happened and thankful it isn't worse with how horrible it looked.

Hopefully the Panthers can pull their head out of their ass and get 5-6 games over .500 for when he's back and they can repeat last year's run but getting into the playoffs this time.
Appreciate the kind words, we all miss the "heart" of the team.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
I was in Tampa today for business and talking to people there about how proud and excited they are for the lightning made me physically sick.

Trying to describe the pain and suffering and apathy of panthers fans to them was like describing an episode of intervention about a family member you love but can’t do anything for to get better.

Counterpoint: They live in Tampa. They're physically sick just waking up in the morning and looking out the front door.

So cheer up, my man.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Now that STL on rebuild or retool mode, I'd trade Cats' 1st round pick /Denisenko + Hepo + Malgin for Parayko.

Even though the TBirds are playing rather well in the AHL, I wouldn't promote anyone else than MacDonald and Melchiori to the show. Just don't let the Cats taint the AHL squad.
Anyone who thinks that Hawryluk, Borg playing and sitting a couple of the combination of Haley, Vatrano, Malgin, or Hunt is going to help 5 on 5 play is delusional. 5 on 5 is our problem and those two haven't been exactly tearing it up 5 on 5 in Springfield. At least Greco has a multitude of points 5 on 5 and his speed adds dimensions to the PK and forecheck that have been badly missing since Tro went down. When Hunt was called up he was scoring on par with Greco but what he brings along the wall has not been game changing so far. I may be wrong but they should sit Hunt and leave Haley in the lineup for the time being. Incidentally, I don't think Greco has spent any time at Center with the T-Birds, so I don't see him unseating Malgin.

I read where people thought Petro hounding the puck carrier in our zone was not his strength. People seems to forget that many defenders do the same thing (including Campbell) if teammates are smart enough to recognize the vacated area and cover for them. I'm not going to defend the rest of Petro's game as he has regressed. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Jean Luc Discard

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Anyone who thinks that Hawryluk, Borg playing and sitting a couple of the combination of Haley, Vatrano, Malgin, or Hunt is going to help 5 on 5 play is delusional. 5 on 5 is our problem and those two haven't been exactly tearing it up 5 on 5 in Springfield. At least Greco has a multitude of points 5 on 5 and his speed adds dimensions to the PK and forecheck that have been badly missing since Tro went down. When Hunt was called up he was scoring on par with Greco but what he brings along the wall has not been game changing so far. I may be wrong but they should sit Hunt and leave Haley in the lineup for the time being. Incidentally, I don't think Greco has spent any time at Center lately, so I don't see him unseating Malgin. :)

I posted my List already to GR. :D
current Bench: McCann, Vatrano, Haley, Petrovic and replace them. Im not sure what McCann brings to the Gane, then play great PK.
Player i would trade away. Vatrano, McCann, Reimer, Petrovic, Bjugstad. Career ending: Haley, Loungo,
Coach i woudl switch: Capuano, Tallas, Cooper(not sure what kind of Videos our D is seeing but still are the wrong once)
Gm switch: Tallon (another missing PO Season, about the we do only small step thought before starting the Season), the small steps brought us now in this Situation. And GM and Coach are always the first one who get the Blame.

Why Vatrano, he is a 1 Way Player same as Pirri, good working effort, take stupid penatlys, but not much then a bit phyiscal play you get out of him. When here people scream for call up all the young one we need Place for all of them.
McCann, i think there will be another Pk Player who can play 3rd Line Minutes from the People we are call up, so another Player who makes place for the call ups. Again he is not able to get into a 2ns Line Role and have enough offensive skill for it. He is a defensive game 3rd Line Pk Player Center.
Petrovic not much to say more on him, he doesnt feel as a Panther, me too, so you showed the last 2 Season.
Reimer Back up Goalie in his worst.
Bjugstad overpayed for his play, he will be get away latest, when the re-signing of Dadonov and Hoffman comes up. Doesnt turned out to be the Player he could be.

Coaches: Tallas oh my god is our goaltending good ......................................................................................... not
Capunao, the coach for the D side, one of the baddest part on this Team.
Cooper Video Coach, can you tell me what you are showing our D player.

GM: he thought but same sand and water into all the sinking hole is enough for a solide Foundation. You are made us miss another PO, you pay the price. Known about the worse Goalie Situation and still played the Blindman, as he tryed hard on Talbot as Goalie for this Season. Sorry so much Teams here with 3 Goalies who looks far more on the NHL Level and we go after Talbot.
Not sure what he is doing, but from a Fan standpoint it looks like much more healthy words, then Action to proof.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
he wasn´t but also in the last 2 games, he doesnt skate back into the own Zone with the last effort. Good forechecking 4th Line player, backcheck is still the same as all the Seasons before.
Granted, but he hasn't been a liability either. I can't recall a single play he caused a goal for. Can't say that about most anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad