Post-Game Talk: Alex Petrovic is elite: 4-3 Blues

Will you be watching tonight?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
:laugh: you know the final nail in the coffin to this season will be us winning game 82, finishing 3rd last and then CHI or LA win the lottery (because they need it after so much success) and we get bumped down to 5th somehow....

tenor.gif

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
People have ripped on the goalies because they let ina bunch of weak goals and have generally sucked. No one has said anything because Roberto was fine today.
While that is true, more than one poster have said that if they fix the goalie position, we’re a WC team.

Obviously last night tells a different story. It’s NOT overwhelmingly just the goalie.

Haj

#CatsAreComing
Apr 6, 2003
Arlington, VA
Matheson has a place here. His talent is undeniable. I think he just needs to be put in a specific role with a steady partner. Playing him with Petro gives him no margin for error or no one to move the puck to when being pressured. Even his giveaway I think the winger was far too high and not down low enough to support. He literally had no one to pass to. Of course he could just ice it in that situation but he likes to make plays. He has had some
Crazy highs and lows this
Year that he needs to level out and a steady dman would def help with that. That’s our biggest weakness right now is another solid 2nd pair dman to play with him. No one else can really handle those minutes

That's an execution issue. Which means coaching is bad. Its inexcusable that Petrovic and Matheson were put together.

Petrovic went chasing the puck multiple times this game, not sure if a forward should be covering for him or how the systems works, but he played awful. He is a serviceable 6 dman, should not be on the 2nd pairing where he is over exposed. When he is playing well, he has good gap control and stick position in transition, but he isn't good enough in front of the net or quick enough to go get the puck out of the corner/behind the net without causing a breakdown.

Matheson makes too many bad plays, all he can do is skate and stick check.

Little Bobby Boo

Jul 30, 2014
I've been a fan since 99, mostly casually until 08 or so. This has to be the most disappointing season expectations wise, no? The computer boys year we at least had injurues didn't we?

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Dale said that Borg and Hawk can come up real soon. Best thing I’ve heard all year. Rather we take a chance on those kids and see what they got.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
1212-Dale Tallon.MP3

Tallon interview from this morning man he sounds depressed.

"It's just been one of those years" - Sounds like he's locked and loaded with the bad luck excuses for the end of the season. Also, doesn't sound like he's in any mindset whatsoever to make any changes, other than bringing guys up from Springfield. So, basically our season hinges on "hoping" this team turns it around. Well, good luck with that.

Also - I'm getting tired of the young players excuse and the rhetoric around giving them time to get comfortable and whatnot...the average age of the team is 27.2 and our youngest player is Malgin at 21...we have guys like Hoffman, Yandle, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Barkov, Matheson, Ekblad...and the list goes on - none of these guys are "young" by today's standards. I'm sick and tired of it. I don't even understand what he's talking about. Next thing we know, Huberdeau and Trocheck will be 30 years old and we'll still be waiting for young guys to get comfortable, it's absolutely ridiculous.

Last edited:

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
So one game where it’s a total team failure evens out 10 where the goalies were atrocious?
It’s more that one game. Much more than one game.

I know we aren’t going to agree, but just like y’all have the right to post your opinion that “all that’s needed is a good goalie”, I’ve got an equal right to post my opinion that “a good goalie and good defense are needed, in that order”.

I’m sorry if you find that annoying, but don’t expect me to stop saying that. (I don’t expect you to stop saying the bit about only needing a goalie.)

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Yea, sure, idk, just one of those years or something, can I go back to golfing?? Oh and you can drop my check off at the PO box. Thanks.

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
It’s more that one game. Much more than one game.

I know we aren’t going to agree, but just like y’all have the right to post your opinion that “all that’s needed is a good goalie”, I’ve got an equal right to post my opinion that “a good goalie and good defense are needed, in that order”.

I’m sorry if you find that annoying, but don’t expect me to stop saying that. (I don’t expect you to stop saying the bit about only needing a goalie.)

No your opinion doesn’t matter conform to the group or get out.

upload_2018-12-12_14-56-53.gif

But seriously nobody is saying the defense couldn’t be better, what were saying is the bad goaltending is so much worse than the bad D it’s a much greater reason for the losses. Mediocre D leads to a high danger shot on goal (happens to every team in every game) mediocre goaltending leads to goals on low danger shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad