Alex Ovechkin hits 700 career NHL goals!

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
He can get number 700 here in Winnipeg, we know how to cheer when an opposition player gets a milestone (See Stamkos getting his 60th of the year)! But only 1 goal that night please Ovie!

Reactions: ujju2

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
He can get number 700 here in Winnipeg, we know how to cheer when an opposition player gets a milestone (See Stamkos getting his 60th of the year)! But only 1 goal that night please Ovie!

wait Winnipeg was in the league when Stamkos got 60?
It feels like an eternity since Stamkos got his 60 goals season.
It feels like yesterday when Winnipeg came back into the league

Reactions: D1az

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
And yet, it feels like forever since the last thrashers game...

So much that people forget their existence. I asked my girlfriend's sister why she wore a Trashers hat the other day (seriously, who does these days?). She was surprised I knew the name of the youth hockey team she coached... she did not know it was an actual defunct NHL team

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
Yep, I was actually at that game, it was awesome!

Reactions: abo9

D1az

Oct 29, 2009
Finland

Yep, feels really weird. Like I've experienced two different timelines at the same time.

Reactions: CasusBelli and abo9

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
It would be stunning if he doesn't score against NJ but it would be a good story in Washington against Pittsburgh after so many years of the NHL pushing for that rivalry.

Reactions: CasusBelli

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
It would be stunning if he doesn't score against NJ but it would be a good story in Washington against Pittsburgh after so many years of the NHL pushing for that rivalry.
Especially since he also got his 1000th point against the pens

Ms Maggie

Apr 11, 2017
This is true and Ovechkin was asked to score goals and get shots on net and he has done it better than anyone in the NHL for the last 15 seasons.

And thank god for it, the NHL would have been so boring without him.
Can't think of anything as exciting as watching a guy standing in the circle waiting for someone to feed him the puck. Real rush.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Can't think of anything as exciting as watching a guy standing in the circle waiting for someone to feed him the puck. Real rush.

Ok then who has been a more exciting player over the last 15 seasons?

It's not Crosby, when he actually plays, or Malkin when he actually plays (although I love Malkin). McDavid for sure has had some moments but too short of a time to be a part of this discussion.

And for all of his fantastic highlight reel goals, yep some of the goals were Ovechkin simply stands there and just absolutely snipes and beats the goalie are pretty damn exciting.

Ms Maggie

Apr 11, 2017
Ok then who has been a more exciting player over the last 15 seasons?

It's not Crosby, when he actually plays, or Malkin when he actually plays (although I love Malkin). McDavid for sure has had some moments but too short of a time to be a part of this discussion.

And for all of his fantastic highlight reel goals, yep some of the goals were Ovechkin simply stands there and just absolutely snipes and beats the goalie are pretty damn exciting.
Most exciting? Probably Kane. Not saying O isn't really great but he is something of a one trick pony, which by definition makes him less exciting to watch.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Winnipeg is gonna bring the house down if Ovechkin scores 700. When Stamkos scored 60 they gave a standing ovation for probably around a minute. They'll probably have a ceremony at this pace

All said Winnipeg is class all the way man

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

Ms Maggie

Apr 11, 2017
I would definitely have Kane right there with Ovechkin but would vehemently disagree Ovechkin is a one trick pony.

His highlight package/s are there for all to see.
Well after 16 years, would expect some highlights!! Interesting players' poll. Of course, still just opinions!
NHL.com players poll: Most fun to watch

Anyway, kinda hope he hits 700 Sunday, as I'll be watching. Nicer for Caps fans on home ice.

cowboy82nd

Feb 19, 2012
Newnan, Georgia
So much that people forget their existence. I asked my girlfriend's sister why she wore a Trashers hat the other day (seriously, who does these days?). She was surprised I knew the name of the youth hockey team she coached... she did not know it was an actual defunct NHL team

Did she actually wear a Trashers hat or a Thrashers hat?

Dessloch

DOPS keeping NHL players unsafe like its their job
Nov 29, 2005
The 700 goals banner will be raised to the roof in DC at the next home game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad