Confirmed with Link: Alex Nylander traded to Chicago for Henri Jokiharju

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
So while the press on Henri is about his offensive game and skating, I do wonder if his future is more akin to a smaller Hjalmarsson. Those comps have come up in some places, it seems to fit, and that's not a bad thing at all.

Not a fan of that family.

Same. I've often wondered what happened with Cal and he was fostering Alex at the time. Bad examples were set.

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
So while the press on Henri is about his offensive game and skating, I do wonder if his future is more akin to a smaller Hjalmarsson. Those comps have come up in some places, it seems to fit, and that's not a bad thing at all.
A smaller Hjalmarsson is exactly what our top 4 needs. Let Dahlin, and to a lesser extent Montour, take risks offensively. Not bad indeed.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
Nylander attending Hawks developmental camp. Classic!!
He doesn't really have a choice in the matter. A player cannot be required to attend more than 3 development camps (conditioning camp is the technical term) by one team. However since Nylander is with a new team he can be required to attend.

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016

Same. I've often wondered what happened with Cal and he was fostering Alex at the time. Bad examples were set.
He bears a striking similarity to Pilut. Similar strengths and weaknesses. But he is right handed.

thewookie1

Jan 21, 2015

I’d love that, Hjalmarsson was incredibly effective in Chicago as a Defense first guy. That being said, he wasn’t a slouch in his ability to add points here and there either.

Reactions: Buffalo Norsemen

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003

Peters read a text from Baker on The Instigators yesterday and his scouting report was more aligned with what you are describing.

traffic cone

May 12, 2011
Howard and Jeremy (WGR) also asked him how to pronounce his name today -

Jokiharju is excited to join the Sabres

(1 minute in)
Funniest thing is that he pronounces it wrong. It's kind of sad to see these Finnish prospects "bow" to the North American media etc. and try to force these English sounding pronounciations.

Selanne never corrected name. Neither did Lehtinen for example. Laine - at one point - pronounced his name totally wrong. Just shaking my head at these - although I kind of understand it. They're just being kind and trying to make it easier for the North Americans.

But pronouncing your own name wrong... geez. Typical Finnish trait, bowing in front of a bigger country.

Irving Zisman

Really Bad Grandpa
Nov 5, 2007
'Merica
Funniest thing is that he pronounces it wrong. It's kind of sad to see these Finnish prospects "bow" to the North American media etc. and try to force these English sounding pronounciations.

Selanne never corrected name. Neither did Lehtinen for example. Laine - at one point - pronounced his name totally wrong. Just shaking my head at these - although I kind of understand it. They're just being kind and trying to make it easier for the North Americans.

But pronouncing your own name wrong... geez. Typical Finnish trait, bowing in front of a bigger country.

Except for that whole, you know, Winter War thing where a tiny country of peasants held off an invasion from a juggernaut Red Army...

Irving Zisman

Really Bad Grandpa
Nov 5, 2007
'Merica

You've got me curious now - What's the correct way to pronounce "Selanne" and "Lehtinen?"

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Ugh can we stop pretending that it's some given fact that Nylanders development was slowed (stopped) by entering the AHL.

He is big, fast, well coached throughout his childhood and skilled. He failed. Year after year. Was he working his ass off?
No I truly doubt it.

He knew he sucked. He kept sucking. And did nothing about it. Or at best, sucked at getting better.
The organization didn't fail this kid, he failed the organization.

Let's stop making excuses for this kid whom was handed the world and **** on his hand.

Sorry about the angry tone here. Maybe I should just stick with humor.

I thought this was humorous though?

I agree as well. And not just saying that because he’s a hawk. I sound like one of the mighty ducks, “he’s a hawk!”

Reactions: muhmuhMatt

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse

Oh give me a break

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad