Confirmed with Link: Alex Nylander traded to Chicago for Henri Jokiharju

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
I know I watched a pair of Hawks games early last year and after the second one, had to look him up to verify he was who I thought he was. No way he looked like a rook.

He looked like he had several years of experience overseas under his belt. He didn’t dominate and he didn’t make flashy plays like Jillson, but the puck was out and up ice in a standout manner. Good decisions with his first pass or his chips/emails.

Then after knowing him and seeing a couple more games, I was a little surprised to see he was sent down, but I figured I didn’t see enough of him or caught his best of contests...

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
I know I watched a pair of Hawks games early last year and after the second one, had to look him up to verify he was who I thought he was. No way he looked like a rook.

He looked like he had several years of experience overseas under his belt. He didn’t dominate and he didn’t make flashy plays like Jillson, but the puck was out and up ice in a standout manner. Good decisions with his first pass or his chips/emails.

Then after knowing him and seeing a couple more games, I was a little surprised to see he was sent down, but I figured I didn’t see enough of him or caught his best of contests...

There's no one as flashy as Jeff Jillson.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Remember when we really needed defense and Murray went and drafted Nylander?

Feels like an old injustice has been rectified.

We have quantity but I’m not so sure about the quality. Still a lot of question marks on D.

Montour and Miller still have to prove they’re anything but bottom pair guys (I’m skeptical), and while Joki has more potential than those two, he has a ways to go still and not a sure thing.

Absolutely love the Joki trade, but still not very confident about the D overall.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
We have quantity but I’m not so sure about the quality. Still a lot of question marks on D.

Montour and Miller still have to prove they’re anything but bottom pair guys (I’m skeptical), and while Joki has more potential than those two, he has a ways to go still and not a sure thing.

Absolutely love the Joki trade, but still not very confident about the D overall.

It's a young bunch, but I like the outlook there. I think Jokiharju, with his defensive chops, will be a great complement to Dahlin on the top pairing down the road. Slotting Montour and Miller in behind that looks fine to me (assuming Risto is eventually traded). Plus, we should have Laaksonen and Borgen competing for roster spots on the right side within the next couple years. I liked Kukkonen at development camp this summer, so I'm curious to see how he develops from here as well. I'm more skeptical of the left side behind Dahlin. McCabe isn't anything special, and I'm not in love with Samuelsson as a prospect. Bryson has decent upside, but he's not a sure bet. Johnson has a ways to go still, too.

E: Forgot Pilut. Pilut is good.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
It's a young bunch, but I like the outlook there. I think Jokiharju, with his defensive chops, will be a great complement to Dahlin on the top pairing down the road. Slotting Montour and Miller in behind that looks fine to me (assuming Risto is eventually traded). Plus, we should have Laaksonen and Borgen competing for roster spots on the right side within the next couple years. I liked Kukkonen at development camp this summer, so I'm curious to see how he develops from here as well. I'm more skeptical of the left side behind Dahlin. McCabe isn't anything special, and I'm not in love with Samuelsson as a prospect. Bryson has decent upside, but he's not a sure bet. Johnson has a ways to go still, too.

E: Forgot Pilut. Pilut is good.

I agree that it’s not an organizational weakness anymore, I guess I was just talking about next season. Lots of uncertainty, it’s hard to even tell what we have.

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
Perhaps he can be Dahlin's defensive wing-man for the next 1.5 decade.

Just defer all passes to Dahlin and smile while getting the secondary assist.

BananaSquad

Jun 13, 2013
Niagara
You guys honestly worry way too much about paper stats. Hopefully he jells well here with Dahlin or Pilut and plays in the top 4 for many years to come

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
In your opinion, is he mainly a goalscorer?

He can finish in a variety of ways, but he has always struck me as an equal opportunity offensive player. He can set the table, he can finesse pucks into small openings both shooting and passing. He had moments when he can bring you out of your seat.

I won’t talk about some of his other moments when throwing the remote at the tv or in my case, smashing my mouse in frustration at what he is doing (or not doing more specifically... like engagement).

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
He can finish in a variety of ways, but he has always struck me as an equal opportunity offensive player. He can set the table, he can finesse pucks into small openings both shooting and passing. He had moments when he can bring you out of your seat.

I won’t talk about some of his other moments when throwing the remote at the tv or in my case, smashing my mouse in frustration at what he is doing (or not doing more specifically... like engagement).
I agree with this description. But the tweet seemed disingenuous to me. He's not a one tric pony and if he isn't scoring goals he is still driving play and creating opportunities.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad