Confirmed with Link: Alex Nylander Re-Signed - 1 Year, 2 way, League Minimum

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Cool. AHL fodder. It's important we have a competitive team in WBS and Nylander will help down there.

I'd also be equally cool with a 30 year old who could produce the same or more as him down there, because he's not making the NHL anyway.

Surprised he didn't go back to Sweden.

Reactions: Sideline

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Doesnt matter. He’ll never get a shot here with dumb and dumber Sully and Hextall, and their hatred of AHL player.

• Wow
Reactions: Coastal Kev

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I'm stoked! Love the signing, Ronny doin that thing he does! LET'S GOOOOO!!!!

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Realistically speaking, its highly unlikely that he becomes anything more than what he is now right
I dunno. He's been NHL productive. It doesn't seem like the rest of his game fits the NHL but he's underperforming what he can do right now to an extent. I guess it is highly unlikely but without being close to the coaches' evaluation of his game it's tough to say,

Reactions: Tacitus Kilgore

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I don’t see Sullivan keeping him on the NHL squad like he did ERod. He’s not versatile like that, he’s not bad defensively but he’s not a bottom 6 guy. Zohorna & DOC are probably ahead of him on the depth chart just because they can do that. Still young though and cheap so he’ll be valuable for WB/S and will certainly earn some call-ups.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Still hope he turns it around. Would not even bet my last bonbon on it , but still, i hope he brings it this year.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
He's so far down the depth chart that I don't see him getting much of an opportunity. He's gotta be like the 16th forward.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
He's so far down the depth chart that I don't see him getting much of an opportunity. He's gotta be like the 16th forward.
Uhh this is the Penguins. When's the last time we didn't have 4+ players out at a time for extended periods??

Nylander's a guarantee to play if he's #16

Reactions: EpiPen
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad