Prospect Info: Alex Nylander (2016, 8th) – '17-18: Rochester #92 (AHL)

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
He forced his way off the Amerks to the point where he was loaned to the rival Marlies during the season. No one really knows the facts of it.
maybe he was looking for a city with more timmy ho's in it

anyways, that sucks

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
He forced his way off the Amerks to the point where he was loaned to the rival Marlies during the season. No one really knows the facts of it.
He was a bad player also paid a crazy high pro only salary, a sweetheart deal obviously organized to keep ROR happy, and then he backstabs the org because they didn’t play him in the NHL.

Great influence for our 1st round pick.

Reactions: La Cosa Nostra

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
He was a bad player also paid a crazy high pro only salary, a sweetheart deal obviously organized to keep ROR happy, and then he backstabs the org because they didn’t play him in the NHL.

I thought about this too much before I went to bed and then literally had dreams with COR in it. It was around the fact that Cal's sweetheart contract was all about getting Ryan to sign and when COR didn't stick in the NHL despite numerous attempts (though I never thought he played that bad) ROR became a bit dissolutioned. Which sounds a bit nuts and also maybe has a bit of truth?

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I thought about this too much before I went to bed and then literally had dreams with COR in it. It was around the fact that Cal's sweetheart contract was all about getting Ryan to sign and when COR didn't stick in the NHL despite numerous attempts (though I never thought he played that bad) ROR became a bit dissolutioned. Which sounds a bit nuts and also maybe has a bit of truth?

I'm worried about you

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
I'm worried about you

Thanks - and tell me about it. And he was just hanging around in random areas too. Cal Friggin' O'Reilly. I will say I had this new sandwich at Primanti Brothers (who have a location outside Detroit now) that is Polish sausage, perogies, grilled slaw, melted provolone cheese, beer mustard, and tomato on two slices of that huge bread and I polished one of those off before I went to bed. I'll blame it on that and it was so worth it.

primanti-bros-polish-hill-sandwich.jpg

Reactions: Ralonzo and Icicle

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
Thanks - and tell me about it. And he was just hanging around in random areas too. Cal Friggin' O'Reilly. I will say I had this new sandwich at Primanti Brothers (who have a location outside Detroit now) that is Polish sausage, perogies, grilled slaw, melted provolone cheese, beer mustard, and tomato on two slices of that huge bread and I polished one of those off before I went to bed. I'll blame it on that and it was so worth it.

Ate at one of those when I was in Pitt, all I could taste was the vinegar from the slaw, so I don't get the appeal of that place.

Reactions: Ralonzo

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Ate at one of those when I was in Pitt, all I could taste was the vinegar from the slaw, so I don't get the appeal of that place.

I like vinegar in my slaw, so total win for me. Plus they had a spot two minutes away from the Pitt law building, with beer specials to help ease my pain.

pigpen65

Jul 25, 2011
"Everybody's got a plan until they get hit" - Mike Tyson

I would imagine playing with men twice his size and age has introduced a big tentative streak to his game that wasn't there before. I've seen him live numerous times and it's so frustrating how he can't wait to get the puck off his stick as soon as he gets it.

/ thread

EP40 AKA Lil Wayne

May 9, 2013
Maybe lost a step, conditioning and agility due to putting a lot muscles/weight in a short period of time and in the ’wrong’ places?

Dude defintly looks buff, but upper body strength is only as usefull as lower body strengt allows it to be.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015

Wasn’t there also some stuff reported about how COR and his wife treated Nylander, too?

I remember reading something along those lines of how they’d get mad if Nylander asked them for a ride and just generally treated him like a burden.

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
What does everyone expect from Alex this year from a production standpoint in the AHL?

He finished strong last year. Does he continue or do people think it was an anomaly?

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
What does everyone expect from Alex this year from a production standpoint in the AHL?

He finished strong last year. Does he continue or do people think it was an anomaly?
He didn’t really finish as strong as it looks on paper, a whole lot of his points were secondary assists and he was a ghost in the playoffs, for the brief time the Amerks were there.

BananaSquad

Jun 13, 2013
Niagara
Alex is going to be a very streaky winger but that’s okay. Really I don’t even know if he should be back in the AHL, there is no one really on that team that can get him the puck. This guy is much better off with a talented Centre (Eich, Mitts) and playing in the NHL. His skillset is nhl caliber, hes just one of those guys that needs a big time centre getting him the puck.

Reactions: dasaybz

BananaSquad

Jun 13, 2013
Niagara
I’m not saying he’s going to be willie Nylander at all, but he played on some great marlies teams. Every time I watch willie when Matthews is out of the lineup, he’s not a factor at all.. and really there aren’t a lot of players that can do everything themselves anyways. But when Matthews is playing, Willie looks outstanding. I think Alex is going to be the same way, when the players he’s playing with are great, he will be good.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
He didn’t really finish as strong as it looks on paper, a whole lot of his points were secondary assists and he was a ghost in the playoffs, for the brief time the Amerks were there.
Points of any kind can build confidence.

Reactions: Aladyyn

Weaves

Oct 28, 2013
Ottawa
This is most likely a very unpopular opinion around these parts, but before we go and do something like trade Nylander - I want to see what he does in our top 6, with skilled centres (the entire reason he was drafted to ride shotgun to someone like Eichel, lets be realistic).

I dont care about his AHL numbers, he may just be one of those guys who produces with elite talent, or just looks better on the big club (like Nelson in a way last season).

It would be a failure to at least not give him a chance, as I dont think he was anywhere near the worst forward in his call up last year.

BananaSquad

Jun 13, 2013
Niagara
This is most likely a very unpopular opinion around these parts, but before we go and do something like trade Nylander - I want to see what he does in our top 6, with skilled centres.

I dont care about his AHL numbers, he may just be one of those guys who produces with elite talent, or just looks better on the big club (like Nelson in a way last season).

It would be a failure to at least not give him a chance, as I dont think he was anywhere near the worst forward in his call up last year.
And has nhl skill. Really ahl production means nothing to me...look at the top scorers in that league... nobodies

Reactions: Dingo44 and Weaves

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
People forget last year was very much a lost season - got injured in the rookie tournament, came back a few months later and took a while to get up to speed, and then apparently reinjured himself. Still looked pretty good in the last couple of games with the Sabres. And he just turned 20.

Reactions: BananaSquad

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad