Confirmed with Link: Alex Lyon re-signed, 2 years

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
And I still think Petr Mrazek would have got us to Hart and Sandstrom in a more competitive fashion than the rest of our goalies!​
Signed with Carolina on a one year $1.5 million...:huh:
Lyon's contract published yet?

We would have had to give Detroit our 2019 3rd round pick if we re-signed Mrazek. Not worth the gamble considering how congested our goaltending system is with other average goalies.

flyersfan187

Dec 4, 2007
Morrisdale, PA
Mrazek was too inconsistent for me. Elliot is consistent but came back injured, Neuvy is great when healthy and Lyon is a good number 3 goalie. I am fine with using those three next season and let Hart learn in the AHL. Stolie would be a nice surprise if he can turn into a solid goalie which he still could.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Lol Lyon gets resigned and half the posts are immediately shitting on him. Well done boys.

Norze

Jun 28, 2018
Norway
And I still think Petr Mrazek would have got us to Hart and Sandstrom in a more competitive fashion than the rest of our goalies!

Yeah, let’s give up another third for him (wut). While we are at it, let’s redo the B. Schenn deal as well, here u go St.Lu; Farabee, Frost and Lehtera for Schenn!

Reactions: Rebels57

Dumpster Flyers

Jun 21, 2006
Mrazek was too inconsistent for me. Elliot is consistent but came back injured, Neuvy is great when healthy and Lyon is a good number 3 goalie. I am fine with using those three next season and let Hart learn in the AHL. Stolie would be a nice surprise if he can turn into a solid goalie which he still could.
I highly doubt Stolarz will be with the organization next season.

Reactions: renberg

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
And I still think Petr Mrazek would have got us to Hart and Sandstrom in a more competitive fashion than the rest of our goalies!​

He was absolutely terrible. I was one of the most positive people on our board about him, both before and immediately after the trade, but he was a bucket of puke for us.

Philly Fanatik

"They're going home!"
Jun 24, 2017
Clarenville,NL,Canada
He was absolutely terrible. I was one of the most positive people on our board about him, both before and immediately after the trade, but he was a bucket of puke for us.
Barf bags will be handed out to the first 15,000 fans at Wells Fargo at every game this year also!
We're goin' have to wait for Mr. Pepto Bismol to easy our temporary discomfort of our stomachs!
Carter-Hart-CAN-WJC-featured.jpg

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
That’s perfect for us. The first year 2way helps a lot.

Flyers
Elliot
Neuvy

Phantoms
Lyon
Hart

Royals
Stolie (Hopefully he accepts)

I’d bet a big amount of money that one of these guys are injured by December.

A 2-way deal has nothing to do with waivers, only NHL/AHL salary. He's still waiver eligible.

Reactions: BernieParent

Alchemy

Mind Control
Jul 8, 2006
I think he can be a NHL backup. Somebody will give him that chance if he doesn't get it here.

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
I like Lyon. Hes been progressing since we acquired him. No reason to not see how far he can grow. He played fine in his NHL starts and was clutch for the Phantoms. If nothing else, it's good to have a strong goalie on the farm team. Much better than Labarbera lol

While Hart is the future, hes not gonna be handed the starting role for the Phantoms. He may very well earn that spot but he's still entering his first pro season. Good to have competition between Hart, Stolarz, Lyon for playing time on the Phantoms, compete to see who is the odd man onto the ECHL team (tho starts are starts, i wouldnt be insulted to develop there), and competition to see who gets to be the call up when Neuvirth or Elliot go down. I suspect Lyon will be first call up but who knows.

Reactions: renberg

Freddy The Fog

Don't live in the fast lane. Live on the off ramp
Aug 3, 2005

No. Mrazek may play great for 10 games or get lucky for 25....but he will ultimately fail. Technically horrible acrobatic Hasek style wannabe. He's completely a false hope and easily replaced in the long run.

Reactions: Bob Clarke Fan Club

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad