Confirmed with Link: Alex Lyon re-signed, 2 years

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
Competition never hurts and can't complain about the contract.

I can't wait for Hart. We've been waiting for an eternity for a stud goalie.

Just keep him away from a Porsche 930 Turbo

Reactions: Rebels57

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I'm not sure Lyon would make it through waivers after that playoff performance.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
They don't go thru waivers on the way up, only on the way down. So if Hextall wants to start the season with Elliott and Neuvirth as the Flyers two goalies, Lyon and Stolarz would have to go on waivers before the opening night roster is set in early October.

No. Mrazek may play great for 10 games or get lucky for 25....but he will ultimately fail. Technically horrible acrobatic Hasek style wannabe. He's completely a false hope and easily replaced in the long run.

I watched the Voracek goal video yesterday, and one of them was scored against Mrazek when he was flopping around well out of his crease.

Last edited:

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I said last summer that Mrazek gives up more out of position goals than any NHLer I’d seen in a while.

It was even worse than I thought. And I’ve seen a lot of soft goals as a Flyers fan.

As for Lyon, he got exploited by NHL shooters high over his right shoulder multiple times when dropping his paddle down. Don’t know if that was a technique issue, reaction / shot reading issue, or what. But it drew my attention.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
They don't go thru waivers on the way up, only on the way down. So if Hextall wants to start the season with Elliott and Neuvirth as the Flyers two goalies, Lyon and Stolarz would have to go on waivers before the opening night roster is set in early October.

I watched the Voracek goal video yesterday, and one of them was scored against Mrazek when he was flopping around well out of his crease.

Thanks for the reminder. I forgot that the 2012 CBA did away with waivers both ways.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Competition never hurts and can't complain about the contract.

I can't wait for Hart. We've been waiting for an eternity for a stud goalie.

Just keep him away from a Porsche 930 Turbo
If not handled properly, "competition" can easily become a logjam of players that stops a more deserving one from playing where they deserve.

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
After his clutch playoffs and respectable showing on the Flyers, I'd rather risk that than him blossom on another team. (Yes, I'm paranoid after Bob..)

Freddy The Fog

Don't live in the fast lane. Live on the off ramp
Aug 3, 2005
If not handled properly, "competition" can easily become a logjam of players that stops a more deserving one from playing where they deserve.

Gets harder for Hextall at every position as the team improves. Was easy to get rid of the Bellemares and Masons over the last 3 years but soon in the next couple years tough decisions will get harder to make as projecting ceilings on legitimate NHL talent logjam for their opportunity to play possibly without a full grasp of what their long term career will be.

Impossible to do with goalies. They take so freakin long to mature sometimes. Lots of goalies - playing the odds. We got screwed on Bob years ago, dealt with the loss of Lindbergh and Bernies vision. We deserve some luck. Some good luck.

It's coming.

Reactions: renberg

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
Re-entry waivers was the dumbest thing ever. Can't believe the owners and the PA ever agreed to that. It didn't have any positives for either side

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->