Rumor: Alex Goligoski

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
Giving up picks to rent an old dude of questionable utility for a couple dozen games would be peak Flyers.
Sometimes these trades are more for the veterans on the team and the coach more so than actually winning anything. If Fletcher has downgraded from Ekholm to Goligoski, he doesn’t believe in the team and just wants to do something to look like he’s helping without actually doing anything.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Sometimes these trades are more for the veterans on the team and the coach more so than actually winning anything. If Fletcher has downgraded from Ekholm to Goligoski, he doesn’t believe in the team and just wants to do something to look like he’s helping without actually doing anything.
It's a weird locker room dynamic in sports with deadline deals. "Adding help for the playoffs really shows this organization believes in us" while "adding the help" also technically shows they don't think the current team is ENOUGH to get it done.

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
I'm all for it depending on price obviously.

He's playing top pairing mins for AZ, should have an easier workload with the Flyers I imagine. If he bumps Hagg out of the lineup sign me up.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
It has been a long time since I have watched more than two Goligoski games in a season, but my general impression is that he would be a good complement for Braun (from what I can recall of his play).

Provy-Ghost
Sanheim-Myers
Goligoski-Braun

This is a lot better than any combination we can currently see the Flyers employ.

But the question becomes, what's the point? Does Goligoski improve the team enough to jettison whatever assets it will take to acquire him? I'd say yes only if those assets are named Hagg, Gus, or any current member of the taxi squad. I'm certainly not giving up draft picks for 20-30 games of Alex Goligoski in 2021 because he's not going to be re-signed, nor should he be.

I am sure the Coyotes are looking for draft picks, which would be a non-starter for me.
Hagg + 4th

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
If this team was any good I would go after Ekholm and deal with expansion later. They are losing 1 good player no matter what. But since we suck, there's no point to trade for Ekholm.

well imagine if we got ekholm and goligoskj WHILE not signing braun....

Provorov-ekholm
Sanheim-myers
Gus-goligoski
Hagg

or just play zamula with goligoski. It just shows us that they had no plan and panicked into signing braun. I would rather have braun than hagg but we just cant have both of them together and expect our young defense to cover up their awfulness.

we are much better than what we are seeing and a guy like ekholm can really right the ship. It can lead to every d playing better, hart playing better, and most importantly...no hagg+braun together/in the top 4.

Still, I would look to a move that won’t jeopardize expansion keepers. We can always get ekholm next year for a cheaper cost as he won’t have an extra year on his deal. Come back next year with this:

provorov-ekholm
Sanheim-Myers
Zamula or York-6th damn
Braun

*trade hagg ___f***ing flyers making me write a damn novel out here lmao

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
well imagine if we got ekholm and goligoskj WHILE not signing braun....

Provorov-ekholm
Sanheim-myers
Gus-goligoski
Hagg

or just play zamula with goligoski. It just shows us that they had no plan and panicked into signing braun. I would rather have braun than hagg but we just cant have both of them together and expect our young defense to cover up their awfulness.

we are much better than what we are seeing and a guy like ekholm can really right the ship. It can lead to every d playing better, hart playing better, and most importantly...no hagg+braun together/in the top 4.

Still, I would look to a move that won’t jeopardize expansion keepers. We can always get ekholm next year for a cheaper cost as he won’t have an extra year on his deal. Come back next year with this:

provorov-ekholm
Sanheim-Myers
Zamula or York-6th damn
Braun

*trade hagg ___f***ing flyers making me write a damn novel out here lmao

Goligoski would be a rental for this season and wouldnt be in the plans for next season.

Reactions: flyerslducks

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
If you want to acquire Goligoski, may I ask what you’re basing it on? I’m just curious because no one here is watching Arizona with any regularity whatsoever. Is it some form of statistics? Simple name recognition?

Reactions: Striiker

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
If you want to acquire Goligoski, may I ask what you’re basing it on? I’m just curious because no one here is watching Arizona with any regularity whatsoever. Is it some form of statistics? Simple name recognition?

I dont think anyone wants to lol

Last edited:

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I dont think anyone wants to lol

Ok degree of wanting is a fair issue. Let’s say you would trade a 3/4 for him. Why?

I’m not even sure that gets it done, but you have to start somewhere. The point should be the same.

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
This is a move they should’ve made WHILE not resigning Justin ducking braun. Just so dumb to think Gus, hagg, and Braun would’ve been enough to cover niskanen. I know our young d need to be better to cover nisky but they have to do that AND Cover stupid hagg+Braun
So you are blaming Hagg and Braun for this mess!! JHC Myers is playing poorly, Gus sucks, Ghost has been hot and cold for sometime now. Sanheim has had a rough year and Ivan is doing the best he can. Hagg is the least of our problems right now. AV needs to get this team as a whole to play much better as a unit. This sucks to say but I doubt we make the playoffs this year at this rate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad