Alex Galchenyuk Thread 8.0 - "Time on Ice" Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moneyman2k6

Nov 4, 2012
In my opinion, it is not about how much he's going to cost us in the salary cap or burning a ELC year, Its about that if he is good enough to help the team he will make it if not he wont. Thats It!

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
A few things I notice that he could improve upon is his explosiveness and maybe keeping his feet moving all the time.

HockeyAddict

Nov 7, 2008
on an island
I think he should go back to the OHL after Canadiens training camp and 5-6 game trial... his development will not be hurt and I would even consider it a near perfect development year for him. A month and a half of OHL to begin the season to work out the rust/test the knee, then 2 weeks of intensive hockey at the highest caliber he has yet faced (WJHC), then a week of practicing with the Pro's before playing another couple of weeks of professional hockey games finished off by returning to the OHL for the last couple of months.

LaTenderness*

I agree, I think Latendresse was played with grinders for too long. In 08-09 he should have been getting top 6 and PP time instead of Lapierre and Kostopoulos. In 09-10 Martin had him in the doghouse from day 1 even with injuries in the top 6 he got no chances. The minute he got to Minny and got top 6 ice he produced(55 GP 25-12-37).

That was a nice little story. He and Marty Havlat were cast away by their old teams and found themselves in Minny and together they shocked the world. They grew their beards out (just the two of them ) to symbolize that they were playing playoff hockey in February... Tender and Havlat were simply beautiful to watch.

PricePkPatch*

That was a nice little story. He and Marty Havlat were cast away by their old teams and found themselves in Minny and together they shocked the world. They grew their beards out (just the two of them ) to symbolize that they were playing playoff hockey in February... Tender and Havlat were simply beautiful to watch.

Damn... I miss him. Him and Lapierre. Max was such an awesome troll, he'd be good on our 3rd line..

LaTenderness*

Hahaha I hear ya..... I got banned from official Canadiens board for making fun of kostopolous too much... Everyone said he was better then Tender??

Edit - tender led the time in goals per time on ice for a few seasons too I thinks

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
So, it looks like the forwards that were bad bad bad, and the team that was bad bad bad, and the high school coach that was bad bad bad, are pretty damn good after all.

All those comments made because Galchenyuk wasn't getting the puck enough. Go figure .

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
So, it looks like the forwards that were bad bad bad, and the team that was bad bad bad, and the high school coach that was bad bad bad, are pretty damn good after all.

After all? That would imply they were actually good in the past games and we were too blind to see it. That's not what happened, they were all terrible except Gally and Trouba offensively until last game against teams that mattered.

All those comments made because Galchenyuk wasn't getting the puck enough. Go figure .

Yes, for the reasons mentioned above.

If that surge of dominance didn't happen and Gally kept getting the shaft Housely looks like a total moron. But now instead he is a genius.

Dharvey33

Apr 30, 2010
Kuraly is looking like a version of Brian Smolinsky with the habs very good hockey sense, great shot and fast as a lighting bolt. Galchenyuk is blessed to be playing with such a complete player.

Pathetic outing today by the canadians but i think Drouin will be something special he is already better than Huberdeau and he is only 17. Mckinnon and Drouin next year will get canada the gold.

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
After all? That would imply they were actually good in the past games and we were too blind to see it. That's not what happened, they were all terrible except Gally and Trouba offensively until last game against teams that mattered.

Yes, for the reasons mentioned above.

If that surge of dominance didn't happen and Gally kept getting the shaft Housely looks like a total moron. But now instead he is a genius.

Sorry, Gally coloured glasses turned people stupid. The USA was 2nd in tourney offense, 2nd in goal differential and the signs were there that they were getting better as things progressed. They are going to win gold now.

Geester76

Mar 16, 2007
Kuraly is looking like a version of Brian Smolinsky with the habs very good hockey sense, great shot and fast as a lighting bolt. Galchenyuk is blessed to be playing with such a complete player.

Pathetic outing today by the canadians but i think Drouin will be something special he is already better than Huberdeau and he is only 17. Mckinnon and Drouin next year will get canada the gold.

Please don't start a fire ;) There is no Smokes without fire. He was a hard working player but he wasn't a fan favourite at all in Montreal when he played here.

PricePkPatch*

Sorry, Gally coloured glasses turned people stupid. The USA was 2nd in tourney offense, 2nd in goal differential and the signs were there that they were getting better as things progressed. They are going to win gold now.

Don't bet your house there. The Swedes played a nasty game against the Russians today. Completely made them their ***** in the 1st.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
At this point , as much as i would like to see Galchenyuk with the habs I think finishing the year with Sarnia would help him develop one area I saw he had trouble in the WJC: Dominating a game on his own. What I mean is during WJC , you could see that he wouldn't take matter in his own hands and control the play and take the puck instead of letting Kuraly make all those turnovers

So you think going back to the OHL for 25 games will help him 'dominate games on his own' once he reaches the NHL?

Seems kind of an odd conclusion to reach...

the OHL is the OHL...the NHL is the NHL

Dominating in one league, doesn't guarantee domination in the other (see Corey Locke, or a million other players who've dominated the CHL).

Very few NHL players 'dominate a game on their own' on a consistent basis, so if this is the expectation for Galchenyuk, then I think we need a reality check. Again, i'd like someone to explain what the benefit is for Galchenyuk to dominate the OHL?

Once more, he's been dominating that league since he's been 16yrs old...what will 3 more months do?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad