Alex Galchenyuk Thread 8.0 - "Time on Ice" Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Does anyone know why OHL palyers can't play in the AHL until 21?

Seems rather stupid when the only options are Junior hockey or the NHL, while older players have more options.

It's until age 20 I think, see Nathan Beaulieu.

I think the idea is that it helps the CHL. They keep more stars this way, it helps their fanbase and makes that league more profitable, which is good for the NHL.

The rule should be waived for 1st rounders imo as NHL teams tend to bump them up anyway ...

The Hamilton Bulldogs would certainly be the best option for Alex Galchenyuk next year.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006

I think the idea is that it helps the CHL. They keep more stars this way, it helps their fanbase and makes that league more profitable, which is good for the NHL.

The rule should be waived for 1st rounders imo as NHL teams tend to bump them up anyway ...

The Hamilton Bulldogs would certainly be the best option for Alex Galchenyuk next year.

I completely agree with that.

Some younger players are clearly too good for CHL and would benefit from a year in the A to learn how to be a pro and play with older players.

Waiving for 1st rounders would be a great idea but I'd be happy with lowering the AHL age to 19. That way they can play the CHL as 18 y.o.'s and if they dominate but aren't quite ready to play in the NHL, they can graduate to the AHL.

Makes too much sense not to do it.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003

It isn't solely determined by age but years of service in the CHL also factor into the equation. I don't recall exactly how the rule reads though.

Disappearing Semin

Oct 18, 2012
It isn't solely determined by age but years of service in the CHL also factor into the equation. I don't recall exactly how the rule reads though.

Its 20 years old ... In the CHL draft they are drafted all in the same year(1rst january to 31 december 1994) and NHL draft its september i think not sure but (1 september 1993 to 31 august 1994) . For example, Nathan Beaulieu was a late 92 in a 93 draft class so he could join bulldogs at the same time as Tinordi who was drafted a year before

Pierre Dagenais

pissening
Jan 10, 2007
montreal
Its 20 years old ... In the CHL draft they are drafted all in the same year(1rst january to 31 december 1994) and NHL draft its september i think not sure but (1 september 1993 to 31 august 1994) . For example, Nathan Beaulieu was a late 92 in a 93 draft class so he could join bulldogs at the same time as Tinordi who was drafted a year before

20 years old or 4 years in the CHL, whichever comes first.

If a 15-year old player joins the CHL and plays 4 years, he could play in the AHL at 19.

Disappearing Semin

Oct 18, 2012
20 years old or 4 years in the CHL, whichever comes first.

If a 15-year old player joins the CHL and plays 4 years, he could play in the AHL at 19.
Ahh, didnt knew that rule but i guess it doesnt happen often since 15 year olds need to be considered outstanding player like Tavares, McDavid

Analyzer*

If I understand what you're looking for in the NHL drafting, the cut off date is September 15th.

Geester76

Mar 16, 2007
Galchenyuk should stay in Junior and in the AHL for as long as posssible I will explain myself does a 19 years old ready to face Montreal's wild crowd? One day you score a goal YOU ARE AN ABSOLUTE GOD!!!!!!!! THE BEST PLAYER EVER!!!!:handclap::yo: Tasting Montreal's nightlife... Next day you make a mistake the Canadiens loose than you don't score in 10 straight game and you are the WORST PLAYER:amazed::shakehead ever you are a BUST.:help: Somebody should send Galchy's tape of different reactions Montreal Canadiens's fan unfortunately have to prepare him just imagine 23 thousand fans cheering :handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap: and the next day BOOOOOOOOOOOIIIIIIIIIINGGGGGGGGG. This is Montreal good luck kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad