Alex Galchenyuk Thread 10.0 - NHL'er! Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
We really hit the jackpot with this kid...
I think he might end up being the best player drafted since John Tavares in 2009.

He missed a full year of development and still has 12 pts in 18 games playing 12 minutes per game. That is remarkable. I think he will start to play on the PP more often and his numbers will go up even more very soon.

We're lucky... enjoy it folks.:yo:

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
The best thing about his goal tonight was the wide stance he had as he drove the net. We've seen him do that multiple times now, and it makes him real tough to deal with as a defender, because of the hands, speed, and frame that he has to go with it.

I've been trying to be really cautious about this kid, but even I have to say that he looks to be pretty special. He has the set of tools as a forward prospect that I haven't seen in montreal since....... I can;t even remember off the top of my head.

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
I only hope he's not going to put too much pressure on his shoulder. Yes he is talented, yes he can become the leader of the team and a leader in the NHL, but he can't jump over any steps to do so.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
His passing is too much. Just wait till he gets that shot going next year when he can start to really make space for himself with more size and quickness.

His straight away speed is looking more and more impressive. He was really moving out there last night.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
It would be neat if Alex Galchenyuk becomes convincingly better than Tyler Seguin.

Those two should be the two best centers in the division soon enough, unless Buffalo/Ottawa draft one of Lindholm or Barkov, in which case they will be a three-way race.

And my entire post is moot if the NHL proceeds with its idiotic realignment.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
I only hope he's not going to put too much pressure on his shoulder. Yes he is talented, yes he can become the leader of the team and a leader in the NHL, but he can't jump over any steps to do so.

I think we have the veteran's in place to ensure he doesn't have to take on more than he has to.

Maffew

Born. Raised. Habs. Always.
May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC
Rank the 2010-2012 draft's top 3 picks

This is here since it's a Galchenyuk discussion.

Just curious where people see our boy standing up to the top 3 of the last 3 drafts (with at least one season under their belts, so no 2013 or Ryan Murray).

Hall
Seguin
Gudbranson

RNH
Landeskog
Huberdeau

Yakupov
Galchenyuk

Maelpj*

Feels good knowing that Briere, Desharnais and Gionta are going to get Powerplay time before him:shakehead

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009

Just curious where people see our boy standing up to the top 3 of the last 3 drafts (with at least one season under their belts, so no 2013 or Ryan Murray).

Hall
Seguin
Gudbranson

RNH
Landeskog
Huberdeau

Yakupov
Galchenyuk

2010: I'd take Gally over all three.

2011: A strong case could be made for Huberdeau. In a few years, the Habs will have their own version of Landeskog in DLR. I'd prefer Gally over RNH.

2012: I take Gally over Yakupov based on character alone.

Bourdon101

Jul 21, 2012

Hall
Seguin
Gudbranson

RNH
Landeskog
Huberdeau

Yakupov
Galchenyuk

The only one I would take before Gally is Hall. Then its on equal footing with Yak and Huberdeau, maybe Rnh if he can turn it around.

Habaddict

Apr 12, 2009
toronto
Feels good knowing that Briere, Desharnais and Gionta are going to get Powerplay time before him:shakehead

Why do you think this?

And please don't include anything about how he was used last year.
Because that can't be relevant in any way, since last year he was 18/19,
and just getting his feet wet in the NHL. The coach noticed this, and used him that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad