Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Posting this again:

1/5th of the audition is over.

Played 13:06 tonight.

Gally was OK I guess. Really did not generate much offensively but no glaring mistakes either.

But here's the thing...I just don't know how you can keep him up to give you OK performances. It needs to be more than that in the next 4 games.

The issue is that this is sort of what Gally did in the 2nd half of WJC and it was the same thing in the scrimmage. This seems to be his level right now when facing better than OHL competition.

Really starting to buy Whitesnake's ''Sting/center even though he's a winger theory'' too. Seems clear he's not that comfortable on the wing doing winger chores, which isn't the case in Sarnia.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
unless we're rebuilding - which they won't admit - gally needs to go back to the O. this isn't a 'seguin' situation. Habs don't have depth to shelter him on 3rd line - and he's not good enough for the top 6 yet.
need to package a dman and maybe a prospect to find a winger with size. ryan clowe please

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
No thanks...I don't want him to play on this offensively-handicap team. Give him one more year in the OHL and we might actually be good enough to even get close to the playoffs next year (if we're lucky), bring him in then.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
He clearly thinks like a centreman. He just chases the puck everywhere. He does think the game very well with the puck on his stick though.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Really starting to buy Whitesnake's ''Sting/center even though he's a winger theory'' too. Seems clear he's not that comfortable on the wing doing winger chores, which isn't the case in Sarnia.

He is not a freakin winger. And It didn't even take 1 full game before Bourque took his place, I even thought it would take maybe 2 or 3 games.

Therrien will find that his team is slow. And will find that Galchenyuk isn't a 3rd line player, so he'll add Bourque on the 2nd. And add Blunden on the bottom 6 till Nokie comes back. Or, personnally, I would move White to the wings, where he totally belongs, and call-up Dumont and make him play center. He would then add some real speed and some spark from a player who has played the game since October.

Charon

Jul 24, 2008
Galchenyuk didn't do much tonight. He looked nervous out there. I'd give him at least one more game before making the decision to send him back.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
I will never understand this. So let's put a kid on a position he knows nothing about to reduce his assignments.....You don't do that. He's a centerman who needs to play that position and learn from it. EVen if it means smaller minutes on a 4th line. But you drafted him that way. He plays that way with his team. Play him that way with your team. Period.

CP31

Jun 19, 2012
Welland, ON
Oh my god this is an overreaction. First NHL game as an 18 year old in the organization with the most pressure and he had a decent game, while most of our forwards were just as bad if not worse, and he is back to Sarnia now! No bother to give him the next 4 games!

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Even if he's going back to junior, will Gally even play center?

Well he will always handle himsef as a centerman even if he doesn't paly the position. That's all it matters. But if he'll actually have that title, well it depends if they split up the newly formed line of Boucher, Sarault and Goldobin. If not, well Gally will be alone on the 2nd, so you hope he actually gets to really play C. But if not, again, he will handle himself that way. Something he can't do in the NHL.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Oh my god this is an overreaction. First NHL game as an 18 year old in the organization with the most pressure and he had a decent game, while most of our forwards were just as bad if not worse, and he is back to Sarnia now! No bother to give him the next 4 games!

You do understand that most comments aren't about his actual play but the way he will be used. And how it really seems to be headed.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Let's be honest, Plekanec had a terrible game. I counted 4 obvious missed passes, 5 fumble without pressure on him. It's hard for any winger to be good when the center is playing like that.

Galchenyuk made a few rookie mistakes himself, a few bad judgment and low % plays, the usual for a rookie. I like that he shoots on the net, but he has to change it up a bit more.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
He was fine, and we don't have anybody else really to put out there instead of him. I think he's an NHLer to stay. May not have been my own personal plan to play him this year, but I'll be amazed if this is just a 5-game cameo. I think he's officially in the Habs' plans for this season.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
His shot was probably our 3rd best scoring chance all night. Pathetic. :laugh:

I would say the team needs at LEAST 6 points out of 10 to validate keeping him around. If we only can manage 2 or 4, send him back. No reason to burn an ELC year on him when 1) he'll be in a losing environment and 2) he won't get much ice-time.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
In those 30 seconds where his line wasn't desperately trying to get the puck off Toronto Gally looked good. The other 12 minutes or so were a bit of a wash no?

Galchenioretty

Galchenyuk 1 G in last 18 playoff Gs
Oct 18, 2009
Canada
He was fine, and we don't have anybody else really to put out there instead of him. I think he's an NHLer to stay. May not have been my own personal plan to play him this year, but I'll be amazed if this is just a 5-game cameo. I think he's officially in the Habs' plans for this season.

If he can play 12-13 minutes a night and not be neutral or a slight positive, that's probably as good as you can hope for from an 18 year old. It's also likely much better for his development than 20-whatever games in Sarnia.

I thought he looked a little nervous and hesitant to make plays but was adequate. All in all I wouldn't be too upset if he went down to stayed but I'd lean stay at this point.

VAN-HAB

Vancouver Habitant
Sep 3, 2003
West Kelowna

excellent comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad