Alex Galchenyuk Thread 10.0 - NHL'er! Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
It's really incredible when you stop and think that he's a 19 (just turned) year old kid who practically missed a years worth of hockey.

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
Gally: ''I'm home, get the patron, and tell'em that it's on.

Someone better tell Huberdeau to pick it up. :sarcasm:

Last edited:

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Therrien on Galchenyuk:"We decided to put Alex on LW to take away defensive responsibilities. Since we moved him he's doing a good job."

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
Yeah, it seems he occasionally plays wing but switches with Eller.

So I'd say he's half-winging it.

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
This kid will save this franchise... the embarassment of not winning a Cup. He'll be the next captain to hold the Cup in his arms.

googlymoogly

Oct 27, 2007
Galchenyuk vs Ovechkin - would you do it?
Noooooo. Ovie is the better player now but he also is very expensive. Gally is a young up and comer on a young Habs team rebuilding. Gally is more valuable when this team fills out with all the young talent they have.

MaxLacoste

Jun 26, 2012
Montreal
Always better to keep your home boy when talent. They care more about their team. I don't see Ovie lifting this team like Galchenyuk will do. Ovie is nothing like he used to be and I don't think coming to Montreal is a good idea for him. Chuckie will grow in Montreal and devote himself for this team.

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
His success has nothing to do with left wing or center right now, it's all about confidence and you can see it growing with each game.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Galchenyuk vs Ovechkin - would you do it?

Hatred for the former team I use love aside, NO. Why? Because you're ****ing up the team's center depth, and YOU NEED QUALITY CENTERS or else NO CUP. Galchenyuk is going to be an elite center in this league, and you don't let them walk unless the return is truly incredible. In short, an elite winger is nice to have, but an elite center is absolutely necessary.

Also, Ovechkin's level of play has been deteriorating year-after-year and he might be a tad headstrong.

Patccmoi

Aug 11, 2010
Galchenyuk makes me feel fine with not having a high pick in an amazing draft. Seems like we already got our budding superstar, other teams can have one too (or 4, like the Oilers...).

Having him and Gallagher in the line-up is making all the difference right now between being first in the East and middle of the pack, and he's just improving steadily still. Kid's going to be a star in Montreal, and he actually seems to have the character to take it.

The more I see him play, the more I'm convinced that if he wasn't hurt he would've went ahead of Yakupov.

NewHabsEra*

It's really incredible when you stop and think that he's a 19 (just turned) year old kid who practically missed a years worth of hockey.

Indeed, thats rather unbelievable what he is doing right now at both ends of the ice for a so young kid..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad