Player Discussion Alex Galchenyuk (LW) (1yr, 1.05m)

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Gold Chain Yuk better not come out when Jimmy's back, if Pacman Pacquette is still playing over Gold than DJ deserves a literal hard kick in the ass!

Last edited:

DanyHeatley

Dec 6, 2016
Ottawa’s had a few good lucks with 3rd overall picks, and a bunch of bad ones.
Good ones: Turris, Bonk
Bad ones: Duchene, Gaborik

TBD: Gudbranson, Galchenyuk, Stützle?

PLD ?

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Gaborik was a freebie to hit the cap floor. (Then we got a 2nd round pick for him - and Pacquette/Coburn but not sure if that's a positive yet)

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Totally what we need. Some smooth skill and a laser beam shot. Yes please to playing him more (and firing Stepan and Paquette to the moon).

Reactions: bert

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Can't take him out of the lineup now and it's not because he scored.

Hes been our best forward tonight. Skating, battling and making plays.

I always liked Galchenyuk when he was in Montreal. He was a guaranteed 50 point player and a play driver.

Not sure what happened in Pit and ARI. I hope he makes our management regret not bringing him back.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Could be a force on that top PP for us. Or on the 2nd PP with Stutz on the other side.

Definitely keep him.

Stutz-Gally-Dadonov could be an exciting line. Will have some downfall but definitely exciting.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Not looking good with his ice time distribution.
He had stutzle on the bench too in the first game defending the lead. (Albeit massive experience difference). But I hope DJ can at least recognize a threat when he sees one. I don’t think he gets scratched

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Arti is sitting around %65 percent on faceoffs, White is at %0.0 (0/5). Nobody is thrilled about Stepan and Arti playing at 3V3 but along with Tierney they have been our best FO guys. Norris' and Paul's numbers are rising quick.
'

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Ottawa’s had a few good lucks with 3rd overall picks, and a bunch of bad ones.
Good ones: Turris, Bonk
Bad ones: Duchene, Gaborik

TBD: Gudbranson, Galchenyuk, Stützle?

PLD ?

Gaborik had an awesome NHL career. For the Sens, he was just a convenient LTIR contract to reach the cap floor. He wasn't brought to light it up.

Duchene has been very good statistically in Ottawa : 0.91 PPG, which is 75 pts per 82 games. Hard to ask for more. The bad taste is because he came at the exact same time the team fell apart, like if a curse was following him or something.

For Gudbranson, it doesn't matter anymore where he was drafted because he never lived up to it.

Galchenyuk seems motivated, will never be a perfect player but if he's comitted, he can still be a good NHL player

Jimmy will be great

Could be a force on that top PP for us. Or on the 2nd PP with Stutz on the other side.

Definitely keep him.

Stutz-Gally-Dadonov could be an exciting line. Will have some downfall but definitely exciting.

Problem is no center on that line. The debate for Galchenyuk at C in Montreal lasted like 5 years IIRC (or that's what it felt like, it was painful). Pretty much everytime you put Habs talk on TV or radio, it was always one of the main subjects. Keep AG27 on the wing, allows him to have a simple game, that's how he could be a positive. Too many responsibilities as a center. He's never been good defensively or on face-offs.

Last edited:

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
Didnt watch the entire game, but excited by what I saw from Galchenyuk.

We'll see how DJ handles him going forward!

Not optimistic...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad