"Alex Galchenyuk has arrived."

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Ain't just regular season. The way Chayka and Tocchet have talked about him all summer and exhibition before his injury and the way they handled him on his return from injury is a lot of trust but managing minutes to work out the rust. If this was Montreal he would be returning on the third line centred by Plekanec. Tocchet puts him with Keller and tells him to play his game. Maybe this seems obvious to you, but you don't know how things were in Montreal. They rushed him to return from injury, he struggled because of it, which made Claude Julien decide that Philip Danault was a better 1C choice and that Chuck should play fourth line wing. That's where he's coming from.

And I know I'm sounding like I'm coddling the guy but honestly haven't watched a young player be screwed with this bad in a long time. Maybe Nail Yakupov got it worse in Edmonton but Chuck proved himself countless times in Montreal that he could play centre and the team that needed a centre went through two coaches and a GM who said nah not happening. I have never seen that before. This wasn't a one season thing. This has been his entire career.
Alex was so coddled by the fan base in montreal who hated MG.
The fact is Alex needs to step up and be a man and start playing up to his potential. It's not always the coach's/managment's fault.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Alex was so coddled by the fan base in montreal who hated MG.
The fact is Alex needs to step up and be a man and start playing up to his potential. It's not always the coach's/managment's fault.
In theory I agree with this. We have the same thing on this board, players with high potential, don't play or are out of position, and the coach/development get blamed (Runblad/Gormley/Duke/now Strome). It is usually up to the player, because players that have left AZ haven't done better on another team. I am hoping the fish bowl of Montreal was too much for Galchenyuk, less pressure on him in AZ. Hopefully he matures and produces more at C or on the wing, time will tell. I'm not expecting him to be a 1C/2C for us, just a solid player that produces.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
In theory I agree with this. We have the same thing on this board, players with high potential, don't play or are out of position, and the coach/development get blamed (Runblad/Gormley/Duke/now Strome). It is usually up to the player, because players that have left AZ haven't done better on another team. I am hoping the fish bowl of Montreal was too much for Galchenyuk, less pressure on him in AZ. Hopefully he matures and produces more at C or on the wing, time will tell. I'm not expecting him to be a 1C/2C for us, just a solid player that produces.
Realistic expectations??? You might not make it as a fan but you might have the rare chance to be pleased with a player!!!!lol

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Montreal is how my second favorite team. Love Domi.
Yep. They're now my clear #3 (I haven't had one of those in years). Domi and Armia are a couple of my favs. I was obsessed with Kotka this spring between the U18 and the draft. I'm also rooting for Josh Brook to break through in the future.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Im a habs fan. I want to know what was the problem for trade max domi this past summer?

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Im a habs fan. I want to know what was the problem for trade max domi this past summer?
You'll get different answers but IMHO, the driver was likely Max and his attitude around other players, not sure he really wanted to be here. Galchenyuk being available and a potential C made sense for the Coyotes, Max is not a C for sure.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
He handled himself very well in public and so management was willing to accommodate him. A fair trade for both teams IMO. I hope he never tires of the spotlight. He can be electric.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
In theory I agree with this. We have the same thing on this board, players with high potential, don't play or are out of position, and the coach/development get blamed (Runblad/Gormley/Duke/now Strome).

The difference is that Galchenyuk in his past three seasons with the Habs was top three in scoring. He was constantly messed with but he still produced. It just wasn't the numbers expected of him when drafted. But he was also drafted as a centre. Galchenyuk could have stayed in Montreal and been a top three scoring producer but nothing special. He's still something special, and he has a chance to show it in Arizona.

You'll get different answers but IMHO, the driver was likely Max and his attitude around other players, not sure he really wanted to be here. Galchenyuk being available and a potential C made sense for the Coyotes, Max is not a C for sure.

He seems to be playing well in Montreal at centre. Kind of looks like Gomez before the wheels fell off.

It's quite possible the trade works out for both teams. I don't see Galchenyuk's new gear changing anytime soon, aside from hitting a higher gear. Domi is driving the Canadiens top line right now. He just seems to let his temper get the best of him too much. This happens with a certain type of player every time they come to Montreal, and by the second or third season, they end up a shell of their former self because they spent too much energy in the autumn instead of leaving something in the tank for the spring. Andrew Shaw is a good example of that, and Domi needs to be careful he doesn't end up like him, getting in too many fights and throwing too many checks to prove himself.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

gorsk11

Logan Cooley for the win.
Jun 25, 2008
AZ

Max struggled at times during the season. He was still giving lots of effort. For the last month plus of the season IMHO he was our best forward.
He can really pass the puck. He stopped shooting even when he was in close in the middle of the slot.
I hope the trade works out for both teams. I always liked watching him play.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I still think his best position might be wing. When he's trying to drive the play, I think he'd be better off getting into position to shoot and letting someone else set it up. He's got a cannon. I think the plan should be to put him in the best position to use that. Center doesn't seem like where that will happen consistently enough unless he's still just rusty.

Reactions: DoanStopBelievin

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Yep. They're now my clear #3 (I haven't had one of those in years). Domi and Armia are a couple of my favs. I was obsessed with Kotka this spring between the U18 and the draft. I'm also rooting for Josh Brook to break through in the future.
Lets see how Nick Suzuki comes around. Montreal absolutely killed the Knights in the Patch trade. Even the "throw in" Tatar is better by himself. And I think montreal got a 2nd rounder too. Wow.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
The difference is that Galchenyuk in his past three seasons with the Habs was top three in scoring. He was constantly messed with but he still produced. It just wasn't the numbers expected of him when drafted. But he was also drafted as a centre. Galchenyuk could have stayed in Montreal and been a top three scoring producer but nothing special. He's still something special, and he has a chance to show it in Arizona.

He seems to be playing well in Montreal at centre. Kind of looks like Gomez before the wheels fell off.

It's quite possible the trade works out for both teams. I don't see Galchenyuk's new gear changing anytime soon, aside from hitting a higher gear. Domi is driving the Canadiens top line right now. He just seems to let his temper get the best of him too much. This happens with a certain type of player every time they come to Montreal, and by the second or third season, they end up a shell of their former self because they spent too much energy in the autumn instead of leaving something in the tank for the spring. Andrew Shaw is a good example of that, and Domi needs to be careful he doesn't end up like him, getting in too many fights and throwing too many checks to prove himself.
domi grew up in a hockey bubble. He can handle Montreal , in fact will thrive in it.
I said Domi was a better player then Alex and I'm sticking with it but I do think Alex will be okay here.

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
I find it funny how people needs to find a winner and a loser in a trade. The basis of a trade is to be a win-win like this trade. At first I was so pissed because Galchy was my favorite Hab but honestly Domi is just thriving here and he seems to be a great leader also. You can see in his face that he loves it here and he perform on top line. I wonder what was his issue for not scoring in ARI but here he shows sign of top line player with 55-60 pts season.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I’m really hoping Galchenyuk can put it together here. Obviously because I’m a Coyotes fan, but also for his sake. He seemed so happy to have a fresh start and I think he could potentially be a great fit here. I still like a Domi and Yandle more than anyone on the current roster.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
I’m really hoping Galchenyuk can put it together here. Obviously because I’m a Coyotes fan, but also for his sake. He seemed so happy to have a fresh start and I think he could potentially be a great fit here. I still like a Domi and Yandle more than anyone on the current roster.
Galchenyuk has fit into the line-up flawlessly, Coyotes going 5-0-0 and scoring 24 goals in those 5 games has helped. He's played well, but equally his insertion in the line-up has allowed our 2nd, 3rd and 4th lines to flourish.

What happens when we lose a couple, if Galchenyuk struggles and gets called out for a "passenger" by Tocc. How does he react?

rt

May 13, 2004
Galchenyuk has fit into the line-up flawlessly, Coyotes going 5-0-0 and scoring 24 goals in those 5 games has helped. He's played well, but equally his insertion in the line-up has allowed our 2nd, 3rd and 4th lines to flourish.

What happens when we lose a couple, if Galchenyuk struggles and gets called out for a "passenger" by Tocc. How does he react?
I’m still waiting to see him be a passenger?

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex

I don't know how one could like Domi and Yandle over OEL and Keller but uhhhhhhhhh you do you?

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

RT won't call out a vet.

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
Keller and OEL are two of the blandest pieces of milk toast out there. I like players with personality. I like PK Subban more than Shea Weber, too. Don’t you?

I think Keller might be a super genius that is f***ing with us. He has the most dry sense of humor on social media. He literally f***s with any Coyote or former Coyote that posts pictures of themselves. But he does it in the most subtle way possible, I will try to find examples. I think it's hilarious.

Reactions: CC96

rt

May 13, 2004
I think Keller might be a super genius that is ****ing with us. He has the most dry sense of humor on social media. He literally ****s with any Coyote or former Coyote that posts pictures of themselves. But he does it in the most subtle way possible, I will try to find examples. I think it's hilarious.
Please find examples!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad