Alex Galchenyuk Fulfilling His Potential

Compile

Feb 27, 2008
In an Igloo
Why two guys Chucky isn't double shifting the rest of his life is he? :)
Plecky DD or Eller which one?

Keep in mind the stanley cup could very well rest on your decision.
no pressure... :laugh:

Tom Gilbert.

Galchenyuk needs to learn the defensive side 1st. :sarcasm:

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
He should put another 10-15 pounds, if not more, of muscle in the next couple of years (Look how guys like Subban and Eller got bigger between 21-24). Everybody said he was a rat gym in the minor!!

We're just scratching the surface with that kid. He'll get a little faster, more confident, more physical, better shot and more. And on top of that, he's already a clutch player.

Everything is there and more is coming.......now we need to build our offence around this guy ASAP.

15lbs of muscle is huge buddy. When you add in the extra weight from storage, water, fat, you're talking about a lot more than just 15lbs. 5lbs of muscle makes more sense.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
In a game between the top two Eastern rivals from last season, I expect a very close checking game with the team winning the battles getting more scoring opportunities. Alex when he gets them he certainly makes the best of his opportunities, let's hope they are many tonight working hard with Plekanec and PAP leading the charge!!!... :handclap::handclap::handclap:

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
15lbs of muscle is huge buddy. When you add in the extra weight from storage, water, fat, you're talking about a lot more than just 15lbs. 5lbs of muscle makes more sense.

Most people who have never trained in heir life, i.e. most people, believe that one can just go to a gym three days a week, 1 hour at a time for 3 months and put on 20 lbs of muscle.

The general public has no awareness of how difficult it is to change one's body type. I mostly blame the media and various marketing outfits, who put out advertisements of 60-day transformations, as well as non-sequiturs like the TV show biggest loser.

Compile

Feb 27, 2008
In an Igloo
Most people who have never trained in heir life, i.e. most people, believe that one can just go to a gym three days a week, 1 hour at a time for 3 months and put on 20 lbs of muscle.

The general public has no awareness of how difficult it is to change one's body type. I mostly blame the media and various marketing outfits, who put out advertisements of 60-day transformations, as well as non-sequiturs like the TV show biggest loser.

This is a lie.

All one needs to add mass or muscle is
tiger_blood_61.jpg

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
I feel if Galchenyuk teams up with Yakupov we would be dynamite.

Galchenyuk-Plekanec-Yakupov

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
I feel if Galchenyuk teams up with Yakupov we would be dynamite.

Galchenyuk-Plekanec-Yakupov
I never understood the obsession some of you have with Yakupov. There's at least a hundred right-wingers I would rather see Galchenyuk paired with before Yakupov.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I don't need to read a 3rd rate article, to see how well AG is playing.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
He's playing amazing. Last night was the best I've ever seen from him.

I have no issues moving him to centre, so long as we can shore up the LW side of things with a trade (likely) involving the center MB no longer sees as a fit (Eller or Desharnais).

We can't move him until there's a LW in place. Right now, Bourque is 3rd in our depth chart of wingers. He'd move to 2nd unless Desharnais can make the switch to wing very easily. If we moved Desharnais or Eller for something else (prospect, pick, etc), and Pacioretty ends up hurt.. we're going from a team who can compete for the Cup to a team who might not see the playoffs.

We need at least to have two LW's who are legit Top-6 wingers. We already have two very good RWers.

For the first time since 2008-2009, I think we could have five forwards hit 50 points, maybe even 6.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
He's playing amazing. Last night was the best I've ever seen from him.

I have no issues moving him to centre, so long as we can shore up the LW side of things with a trade (likely) involving the center MB no longer sees as a fit (Eller or Desharnais).

We can't move him until there's a LW in place. Right now, Bourque is 3rd in our depth chart of wingers. He'd move to 2nd unless Desharnais can make the switch to wing very easily. If we moved Desharnais or Eller for something else (prospect, pick, etc), and Pacioretty ends up hurt.. we're going from a team who can compete for the Cup to a team who might not see the playoffs.

We need at least to have two LW's who are legit Top-6 wingers. We already have two very good RWers.

We are in no rush to move a center...
Yet.
People look at the immediate impact and think oh we're better, but the reality is every roster move affects the whole. Nine times out if ten it's actually no we're not better we are actually swiss cheese. :laugh:

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Galchenyuk will really fulfill his potential when he's our #1C

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
Galchenyuk will really fulfill his potential when he's our #1C

Aka his former potential to a club in desperate need of centers?

With the way he is playing now, he's going to reach his potential no matter what position he plays.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I don't need to read a 3rd rate article, to see how well AG is playing.

Being an HF Partner, has its privileges. One gets to self-promote an article written on a supposedly neutral site and you can start a thread on HF and quote your own words, as if you were some third party. :baghead:

All of these HF Partner revenue streams help HF keep pop-ups to a minimum. :sarcasm:

Pretty clear what your post is getting at, however -- it's more of a reflection on the quality of posters this site attracts, who are independent thinkers and not all of whom are trying to build a side-career as a sportswriter or media personality, they're just savvy contributors who enjoy the team for its sake. Obviously, these articles tend to pale in comparison to the material offered here without plugs, since said articles don't introduce anything that we don't already know or that has not already been eloquently debated ad nauseam here.

I know of at least one site that builds its content around what people here contribute. Every time an HF poster offers a link of interest, I am sure to find it reprised at this poubelle website that continues to feature "news" about Francis Bouillon. :laugh:

Last edited:

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
Little did I know Galchenyuk is leading the Habs (including dman) with 19 hits in 8 games. That kind of surprise me.

Is this good or bad? You want him to be physical, but is it really that good that your number 1 skilled guy is hitting that much? And that our energy players and physical Ds are being outhit by Galchenyuk?

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Is this good or bad? You want him to be physical, but is it really that good that your number 1 skilled guy is hitting that much? And that our energy players and physical Ds are being outhit by Galchenyuk?

I would have to say good.
Just keep the wrap around goal on a loop you'll come around! :nod:

Chucky tonight is a multi pts extraveganza to make up for getting stiffed against NYR!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad