Proposal: Alex Galchenyuk for Anthony Beauvillier

Status
Not open for further replies.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
The Canadiens give up their scapegoat and finally get their French-Canadian #1C.

:sarcasm:

23 yr old Chucky is the more proven, but also the more expensive. He is a ufa in 2 more seasons while Beau will not be a ufa for 5 more seasons.
Also , Beau plays a stronger defensive game. Gonna pass as an isle fan.

Chucky: 16g, 29 a. Making $4.9m
Beau : 16g 12a. Making $935 000

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
Crew is right. Those years of control and cheap contracts add value. Especially when you have cap issues as we do. No interest in this.

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
Controversial he may be but his offensive talent doesn't grow in trees.
I agree. But at 4.9 your paying for more than he's giving. And at forward he doesn't feel the same motivation for whatever reason. So you're stuck playing him at center. Where the coach feels he's a liability.

Having both Drouin and Galchenyuk severely limits your defensive construction and hurts price as well because neither plays any defense

Last edited:

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
It is so weird how certain teams seem to never be able to fill a certain hole. And
I speak from experience as a Flyers fan with goaltending issues. Yet Montreal has had Roy and Price.

But at C, they have not had anyone since Koivu left, yet the Flyers are able to move Giroux to wing due to having Couturier and Patrick as options.

Just odd how it is sometimes.

Montreal gave Chucky a bad contract. It was way too short and now trading him leaves teams knowing he will be a UFA in 2 years and want big money, or leave.

They should have traded him last year while still a RFA and let the new team negotiate the contract. Not getting a REAL C back for Serg really hurts them.

Trade MaxP at the draft and try and draft your future C. Sucks that this year is poor for C as them having a high pick would normally be great for getting that C. Last year 10 of the top 13 picks were C. This year, it's awful and only Veleno appears to be a real C and he might not go top 13.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
He will want big money or he will leave? Not with those stats. It's not like he's a defensive stalwart.

Shouldn't any moves by NYI involve Dmen?

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
He will want big money or he will leave? Not with those stats. It's not like he's a defensive stalwart.

Shouldn't any moves by NYI involve Dmen?
A top 4 defenseman and a stopgap goalie, who can keep Sorokin's seat warm for the next 2 seasons.

Leddy-Boychuk
??????-Pulock

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Sure. If there's one thing the Habs are missing from their lineup it's a smallish LHS middle six winger.

I do think Beauvillier could end up being a #2/3 Center. In all reality Button hit the nail on the head saying their is 12 forward positions on a roster and Beauvillier could fill 11 of them(basically all but a #1 center)

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
I do think Beauvillier could end up being a #2/3 Center. In all reality Button hit the nail on the head saying their is 12 forward positions on a roster and Beauvillier could fill 11 of them(basically all but a #1 center)

Button really calls it sometimes. He had a good look on another Islander, I think it was Barzal, he was a Pelech fan and I think had something weird like Virtanen at 40 something but he went like 6.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Button really calls it sometimes. He had a good look on another Islander, I think it was Barzal, he was a Pelech fan and I think had something weird like Virtanen at 40 something but he went like 6.

Button for whatever reason was really down on Barzal(which is weird because going by his pattern, he always seems to over value highly skilled smaller guys)

2015 NHL Draft Prospect Rankings

Has his list in their, Barzal 15th, Beauvillier 18th

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
I agree, of all of our forwards other than Barzal I see Beauvillier as the one with the most room to grow, a few years ago I had the opportunity to speak to Martin Bernard his Juniors coach with the Cataractes and he spoke glowingly of Beauvillier, saying the young man always found a way to exceed expectations. He told me then that Beauvillier would eventually be a 30 Goal Scorer in the NHL. He hasnt done it yet, but I believe Mr Bernard will one day be proven correct

Reactions: WangMustGo

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
I agree, of all of our forwards other than Barzal I see Beauvillier as the one with the most room to grow, a few years ago I had the opportunity to speak to Martin Bernard his Juniors coach with the Cataractes and he spoke glowingly of Beauvillier, saying the young man always found a way to exceed expectations. He told me then that Beauvillier would eventually be a 30 Goal Scorer in the NHL. He hasnt done it yet, but I believe Mr Bernard will one day be proven correct

Beauvillier reminds me a lot of Benoit Hogue back in the day. Really good 2nd line winger who has proven chemistry with Barzal. His versatility is a big plus as well. He's still working on his consistency as a young NHLer, he's trending upward.

Really pleased that he doesn't lack in the effort department either. Makes no sense to move him now since he's still on his ELC and cost controlled in the near future.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
Beauvillier reminds me a lot of Benoit Hogue back in the day. Really good 2nd line winger who has proven chemistry with Barzal. His versatility is a big plus as well. He's still working on his consistency as a young NHLer, he's trending upward.

Really pleased that he doesn't lack in the effort department either. Makes no sense to move him now since he's still on his ELC and cost controlled in the near future.
exactly, i agree on all points, he needs to get a bit stronger but that will come in time

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
23 yr old Chucky is the more proven, but also the more expensive. He is a ufa in 2 more seasons while Beau will not be a ufa for 5 more seasons.

Beau is good, but he definitely makes some terrible decisions in defensive coverage, and isn't really better than Chuck defensively.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017

Let’s also remember to include who they play with and the teams they’re on.
Isles play in a really offensive system and doesn’t Beau play with Barzal still?
Chucky plays for the Habs..that is all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad