Confirmed with Link: Alex DeBrincat traded to Ottawa Senators

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
I like the Hawks as a second team to my Avs but some of these trades have been awful.

Last season, Jones. Now the return is just terrible for DeBrincat. Avs need to send Girard to the EC so DeBrincat will have a regular sparring partner. (JK, I'm fine with Girard).

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
My only takeaway is that Davidson has to have a prospect available at 7th that he loves. This is the only way this trade makes sense.

Even still, just a gnawing feeling that we're going to regret this short-term and long-term. Not enough for me to hatr right now beyond in principal wanting more.

That doesn't even make sense bc we have no idea how the draft is going to shake out until it happens.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
My only takeaway is that Davidson has to have a prospect available at 7th that he loves. This is the only way this trade makes sense.

Even still, just a gnawing feeling that we're going to regret this short-term and long-term. Not enough for me to hate right now beyond in principal wanting more.
He doesn't even know if that guy will be there at seven. I try not to overreact and stay level headed.

This is an awful trade if this is all that's coming back.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I hate this
guess what BEST CASE SCENARIO is for the 7th overall pick? .... Debrincat
Should've been able to get more at 23

There's always the hope for a stud blueliner instead.

But yeah.... this is a lateral move at absolute best for us offensively barring a few absolute home runs, but all of that is a reach.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Even if they love someone at 7, then you need another high pick or prospect involved.
Right. The 2nd next to your 2nd at 38 and 3rd are so weak values. No even top 10 protected 1st for next year is a fail.

EddieTheEagle

Sep 17, 2006
I am not over the moon about the return but it is what it is.

With this space, we are taking on trash contracts shortly as well. Give me picks. My body is ready.

Suck hard for Bedard. LFG.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Event closes