Traded Alex DeBrincat (signs 4 years, $7.875M AAV) for Dominik Kubalik, Donovan Sebrango, cond. 2024 or 2025 1st (DET or BOS), 2024 4th

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
He has a 42% shooting percentage right now. Clearly, that won't last.

He is a very good player. Was a top goal scorer since he entered the league, didn't have as good a season with us as we would like, but he will continue to be a top goal scorer in the league for many years.
Unless we pay someone to break his legs.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
Boston is not missing the playoffs. They have a 15 card jump on the last wild card spot with the season already 3/4th played.

The best we can hope for is that Florida or another team overtakes them for the #1 spot in the division. That way, the pick doesn't get seeded in the last 6 of the round.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Boston is not missing the playoffs. They have a 15 card jump on the last wild card spot with the season already 3/4th played.

The best we can hope for is that Florida or another team overtakes them for the #1 spot in the division. That way, the pick doesn't get seeded in the last 6 of the round.
Of course Boston won’t miss the playoffs. Nobody is saying they will at this point.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
This trade could have been semi-defensible IF Dorion had put his foot down and avoided all of those conditions being put on the first coming back. My God he was a terrible negotiator - Detroit really wanted DeBrincat, and he really wanted to go there. If Dorion had held firm he could have gotten that first in 2024 or 2025 without conditions. Now, we have essentially swapped a seventh overall to Chicago, where they grabbed a good young defenceman in Korchinski, for a late first that amounts to a lottery ticket. I never want to see that clown in the CTC ever again - he should be banned from the press box when he tries to enter as a scout for an opposing team in future years. :madfire:

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
The return we got for DeBrincat is basically what the Blues got for Tarasenko last deadline

Let that sink in.

Even if you remove the 7th OA we gave up, the rest of what the Hawks got is almost as valuable as what we got...

Let that sink in, again.

Some will want to say "yeah but Dorion is gone, time to move on"

Well, the negative effects of his mismanagements are going to be felt for a long time, like it did for Muckler, but worse.

WallyD

Nov 20, 2022
The return we got for DeBrincat is basically what the Blues got for Tarasenko last deadline

Let that sink in.

Even if you remove the 7th OA we gave up, the rest of what the Hawks got is almost as valuable as what we got...

Let that sink in, again.

Well, the negative effects of his mismanagements are going to be felt for a long time, like it did for Muckler, but worse.
Muckler and Sather are (in my mean opinion) two highly overrated hockey guys who had long over paid hockey careers because they won the lottery in life having a team made up of Gretzky, Messier, Andersson, Kurry, Coffey, Fuhr... Not sure I can really cite anything particularly great either of them did post oilers. That history pumped their value up to levels where were treated like hockey geniuses and as if they were on the ice all those glory years. Call me mean if you want - don't care - but I never liked Muckler's time in Ottawa. All I really recall of Sather with NYR was him chowing down on cigars from on high and his accomplishments didn't amount to much. They floundered for years under him. I guess I could give him credit for being smart enough to win a cup by bringing in Messier who willed it, but for the most part his teams were totally over rated and did nothing for most of his time there.

Reactions: Xspyrit and armani

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa

Let that sink in.

Let that sink in, again.

stop sinking my ship I can't handle it anymore :)
biggest question I have is how come you're still sane?

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
stop sinking my ship I can't handle it anymore :)
biggest question I have is how come you're still sane?

Because I am able to look at reality?

For that reason, I am.

Denial actually puts your brain in cognitive dissonance and one of our brain main functions is to keep its cognitive coherence, so not seeing reality actually triggers insanity, or mental health problems.

Last edited:

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009

Let that sink in.

Let that sink in, again.

muckler had a Cup Finals roster everyone favourite coach in charge and won multiple Cups. Comparing Dorion and Muckler is like comparing Daniel Alfredsson and Ryan Shannon

Reactions: Ralph Malfredsson

GCK

Oct 15, 2018

Let that sink in.

Let that sink in, again.

Muckler couldn’t draft or trade. I’ll take Hossa and Chara over Heatley and Redden every time. He was given a SC contender and never made a good deadline trade, left the prospect cupboard more barren than Dorion. He was equally bad or worse than Dorion.

Reactions: DJB

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
This trade could have been semi-defensible IF Dorion had put his foot down and avoided all of those conditions being put on the first coming back. My God he was a terrible negotiator - Detroit really wanted DeBrincat, and he really wanted to go there. If Dorion had held firm he could have gotten that first in 2024 or 2025 without conditions. Now, we have essentially swapped a seventh overall to Chicago, where they grabbed a good young defenceman in Korchinski, for a late first that amounts to a lottery ticket. I never want to see that clown in the CTC ever again - he should be banned from the press box when he tries to enter as a scout for an opposing team in future years. :madfire:

I doubt anyone hires Dorion. Even as a scout.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Comparing Dorion and Muckler is like comparing Daniel Alfredsson and Ryan Shannon

theres-a-name-ive-not-heard-in-many-years.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad