Alex Chiasson-UPDATE-Awarded $1.2 million for 1 year thru arbitration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Maybe his resemblance to Spezza is causing some confusion.

Thought he had them fooled for sure with his number 90. Poor guy finds out weeks before his contract they were on to him whole time.

BigBush*

Thought he had them fooled for sure with his number 90. Poor guy finds out weeks before his contract they were on to him whole time.

they knew something was up when there was a lack of drop passes at the blue line

Cat Herder

Formerly BigSensFan
Sep 21, 2006
Belle River,On
Ottawa Senators
@Senators

BREAKING: National Hockey League arbitrator has awarded #Sens forward Alex Chiasson a one-year contract at $1.2 million.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
According to TSN, Chaisson was asking for $2.475 mil in arbitration. Not sure what his agent was thinking.

Busboy

Jul 29, 2011
I'm quite happy with the ruling. Must not feel too great for Chiasson to go through that process and not even receive half of his agent was asking.

Hopefully this motivates him to work hard this summer and show up to camp ready to impress.

Bojovnik

Feb 11, 2007
England
This could go one of two ways:

Either Chiasson becomes incredibly motivated and becomes the third line forward, potting 15-20 goals a season we've always wanted.

Or, he sulks, becomes a healthy scratch for the majority of the season and we don't see him again.

I think the latter sounds the most likely.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
This could go one of two ways:

Either Chiasson becomes incredibly motivated and becomes the third line forward, potting 15-20 goals a season we've always wanted.

Or, he sulks, becomes a healthy scratch for the majority of the season and we don't see him again.

I think the latter sounds the most likely.

was just thinking this exact thing. minus the last line. i won't guess what he does till we see it. he seems like a good guy who wants to be in ottawa. well we'll find out in the next months.:popcorn:
(gonna need a lot of popcorn this year. should be a good one)

I'll never forgive him for this
That's fine with me... Wonder when chiasson fires his agent lol

http://ottawacitizen.com/sports/hockey/nhl/senatorsextra/senators-alex-chiasson-lands-1-2m-contract
"During Thursday’s hearings, the Senators had suggested Chiasson’s salary should be $1 million.

Chiasson, represented by agent Kent Hughes, countered with $2.475 million.

Before the hearing began, the Senators had the option of opting for either a one or two-year ruling. They chose the one-year decision."

'je me souviens'??

Last edited:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
1.2 for 1 year ..... as if Chiasson could not have negotiated that....wow. :handclap:

Should be easy to trade at that.

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
The team is likely very satisfied with the decision. I bet that the Sens offered to settle for a bit more than what he got. It would appear that he got some bad advice from his agent.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
The team is likely very satisfied with the decision. I bet that the Sens offered to settle for a bit more than what he got. It would appear that he got some bad advice from his agent.

Now there's an interesting question.....

Let's say, hypothetically, the Sens offered 1.4 mil for a one year deal before the arbitration and was rejected. Now the arbiter awards 1.2 mil.

Can the Sens still sign him to 1.4? Can Chiasson legitimately go to the NHL/NHLPA and ask for 1.4? Or is the 1.2 decision set in stone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad