Alex Burrows gets 3 Games For Late Hit On Emelin

bryan1966

Time for some fast & skilled hockey!
Nov 24, 2011
New Hampshire
I know I would never cheer for the bruins! One of my lifetime dreams was to never see the bruins or leafs win a cup while i was sane enough to see!

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Burrows sucks farts out of dead chickens.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Vancouver is wayyyyyyy more hated then the habs, so any 'hate' on the main boards has nothing to do with hating the habs.

Hell, 99% of -YOU- cheered for your historic, hated rivals the bruins v. Vancouver in the finals.

What on earth are you talking about? You know very little about the montreal/Boston rivalry if you think 99% were cheering for Boston.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
I still don't get how nobody on the Habs' roster smacked that fool around after what he did.
It would be a futile attempt. Burrows is known to hide behind the refs. If they did try we would've suffered a penalty. I prefer getting the point, it's the best revenge.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
It would be a futile attempt. Burrows is known to hide behind the refs. If they did try we would've suffered a penalty. I prefer getting the point, it's the best revenge.

Your concept of revenge makes no sense. The Canucks don't mind the point the Habs got from losing in OT. The suspension of Burrows may inconvenience them but they still got their two points.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
Your concept of revenge makes no sense. The Canucks don't mind the point the Habs got from losing in OT. The suspension of Burrows may inconvenience them but they still got their two points.
They might not mind, since they got a favorable call and got their two points anyway. I'd rather get a point than watch one of our player try to retaliate while Burrows hide behind the ref, did you not get that?

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Vancouver is wayyyyyyy more hated then the habs, so any 'hate' on the main boards has nothing to do with hating the habs.

Hell, 99% of -YOU- cheered for your historic, hated rivals the bruins v. Vancouver in the finals.

I don't think you understand what you're saying. The 2011 Cup won by the Bruins might never have gone to them if Chara hadn't mugged Max Pacioretty and thus prevented him from scoring the series-winning goal in OT of the 7th game of the 1st round. I for one wished that the Bruins to a man had developed debilitating diarrhea in Vancouver.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada

I can guarantee the majority of Habs fans were cheering against the Bruins, we hate them more than any other team by far!

HeShootsHeScores

Mar 17, 2009
Damn those bad memories of the bruins winning the cup a couple months after their neanderthal captain broke our all star player's neck. Then beating us in 7 in OT in front of their home crowd. Then all these other teams sucked too much to compete against those jackasses. That was the most pathetic, undeserved, anti-epic cup win ever.

So no, we didn't cheer for the Bruins if you were wondering nucks fans.

One day I felt like watching their cup run dvd would be a good idea. I wanted to puke most of the time, even more at the part after the were losing 0-2 in the series and "regrouped" and got their **** back together. Nah sorry bruins, you just almost killed our best scorer a month before the series, so no "cinderella" or comeback storyline here.

Last edited:

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
RE: Chara vs. Patches

If the same exact thing happens today, I'm pretty sure Chara get something like 15 or 20 games.

This hit and the reaction (sponsors threatened to cut their ties with NHL) did set the tone. It's a real joke that Chara got absolutely nothing for that.

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
There is a lot of woah is me going on in there but I wouldn't really say there is much of that going on. Just denial that the hit was even a head hit.

"Whoa is me." For some reason misplaced homonyms make me chuckle..I suppose it's the writer in me.

Kerry on.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
I think 0-1 game was what I expected. 3 is what it should be (it's above threshold to deter players...kinda...even though it'll happen again). I don't think Burrows is dirty partoicularly, but that was a bad hit and the refs, well yeah, idiots.

What is amazing to me is that in light of this, Kreider got nothing this past week. Total BS. I'd rather that guy get straightened out by the league than Burrows, cuz it's about time he started having a history, otherwise he's going to keep injuring people. Matt Cooke is probably jealous.

Oh, and yeah, NO Habs fans were cheering for the bruins in that series.

cjbhab*

Great. But suspending Burrows doesn't help me out at all now. I lost.
Get it right on the ice.

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
There should be systematic framework for evaluating the work of referees, possibly in a manner that involves a formal submission by an official from the offended team, and thereby possibly downgrading them in a manner that excludes them from work in the postseason or even hits them in the wallet. An obvious call such as this one where several officials all put away their whistles should be considered egregious enough that they are taken out of the rotation for an extended period for a first offence, and removed from consideration from post-season work in the event of a second.

Stjonnypopo

Rgesitreed Uesr
Jan 26, 2009
Mount Doom
A Hab can have his neck broken and fans of some teams would say it doesn't deserve a suspension....

Honestly, this is a huge point. Any Habs fan reading this thread (and any other thread where the subject is a Habs player being on the receiving end of a dirty hit) needs to understand that these threads are breeding grounds for trolls. Their huge fanbase attracts idiots whose sole purpose on replying is making Habs fans angry.

CanadiensforLife

Sep 11, 2010
Montreal
There should be systematic framework for evaluating the work of referees, possibly in a manner that involves a formal submission by an official from the offended team, and thereby possibly downgrading them in a manner that excludes them from work in the postseason or even hits them in the wallet. An obvious call such as this one where several officials all put away their whistles should be considered egregious enough that they are taken out of the rotation for an extended period for a first offence, and removed from consideration from post-season work in the event of a second.

I agree with this. Refs should be held accountable for their bad calls and missed calls. When their poor decisions start affecting their ranking and wallet, you will see refs who are more alert and aware of their work as officials. Precious regular season points should not be lost due to incompetent refereeing.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
wreckless, go **** yourself. I, just as every other Habs fan, wanted Vancouver to win becuase of what Chara did to Pacioretty. You seriously missed the uproar that caused between Bruins and Habs fans? No way would any self-respecting Habs fan cheer for the ****ing Bruins.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
A true Habs fan would never cheer for the Bruins. I clearly remember cheering for the Nucks back then.

macavoy

May 27, 2009
Houston, Tx
Damn those bad memories of the bruins winning the cup a couple months after their neanderthal captain broke our all star player's neck. Then beating us in 7 in OT in front of their home crowd. Then all these other teams sucked too much to compete against those jackasses. That was the most pathetic, undeserved, anti-epic cup win ever.

So no, we didn't cheer for the Bruins if you were wondering nucks fans.

One day I felt like watching their cup run dvd would be a good idea
. I wanted to puke most of the time, even more at the part after the were losing 0-2 in the series and "regrouped" and got their **** back together. Nah sorry bruins, you just almost killed our best scorer a month before the series, so no "cinderella" or comeback storyline here.

This has to be the craziest thing I've read on HF by a Habs fan. Might be time for a break again.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Still my favourite player in the league. I think he'd be a great third liner to pick up for Lars or Davey in a year or two, salary permitting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad