Alex Burrows gets 3 Games For Late Hit On Emelin

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Vancouver is wayyyyyyy more hated then the habs, so any 'hate' on the main boards has nothing to do with hating the habs.

Hell, 99% of -YOU- cheered for your historic, hated rivals the bruins v. Vancouver in the finals.

What?????

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
The NHL's description of the hit in their press release on why they suspended Burrows was exactly how I saw the play. If Burrows hadn't lunged upwards when hitting Emelin the hit wouldn't have been a headshot but it would've still been a late hit. 3 games for that hit was deserved.

As for the cesspool known as the HF mainboard. I don't take anything most of the people say there seriously. Most of them are just trolling for reactions and since it involves a Hab more than the norm post in the related threads. :nod:

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
Don't kid yourself, stranger.

I doubt that even a tenth of Habs fans on this board cheered for the Neckbreaker Chara in 2011

Montreal has more "haters" then Canucks likely have fans.

Goes to show when 30 percent of your arena is hab and leaf fans when they are in town.

Living in BC, good part of this province could care less about the Canucks. Canucks are usually irrelevant in general unless the team manages to go on a run, then they come out of the wood work

CanadiensforLife

Sep 11, 2010
Montreal
Vancouver is wayyyyyyy more hated then the habs, so any 'hate' on the main boards has nothing to do with hating the habs.

Hell, 99% of -YOU- cheered for your historic, hated rivals the bruins v. Vancouver in the finals.

I cheered for the Nucks. No way I cheer for Boston (Unless it's against the Leafs).:D

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
Let the records show I cheered for the Canucks in 2011. I hate the Broons. :laugh:

Also let the records show that Burrows deserves this suspension.

CanadiensforLife

Sep 11, 2010
Montreal
It warranted a 1-2 game suspension. 3 is excessive. Evidence shows that the NHL does not act consistently with this regard and plays favourites more-or-less.

Burrows had already been fined on 4 previous occasions so the fact that he's a repeat offender with a reputation factored in the decision... but nice try though.:)

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Burrows had already been fined on 4 previous occasions so the fact that he's a repeat offender with a reputation factored in the decision... but nice try though.:)
Unrelated fines that weren't even physical plays (remember, complaining about Auger was a fine even though Auger was removed as a referee swiftly after this)

Prust has two suspensions relating to hits to the head and was never suspended for three games. I don't even know how many fines he has had (could be zero?)

Nice try regardless.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
It warranted a 1-2 game suspension. 3 is excessive. Evidence shows that the NHL does not act consistently with this regard and plays favourites more-or-less.

The problem with inconsistency lies in the heavy handed suspensions against teams that normally play within the boundary's, then slack penalties to the teams that abuse them regularly like the Bruins. A team primarily built to physically dominate and use their scare tactics, running players into stanchions and trying to say it didn't happen, later. This while a nation watched the whole event on TV. Just absolutely preposterous behavior, trying to brainwash the audience into believing it never happened. Repeating their bottom line until the audience finally realize how futile their efforts are, falling on deaf ears, that could care less about the truth, than how it appears to the multitudes watching. As happens when control of the media is left to those with the money and power, to get whatever response they want, by repeating their lies, over and over like an innocent among wolves.:shakehead Crying wolf won't help when the ears they are aimed at are the wolves!

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Depends....is it a playoff game?
For some reason I feel the likes if Bettman and his inner-circle having a few opinions on Hitler...

Hitler would start the season strong before being suspended for a dirty hit on a Russian player.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada

I'll admit it, I was one of them. I am from BC and hate the Canucks more than any other team, even the Bruins. I felt very awkward that series.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I'll admit it, I was one of them. I am from BC and hate the Canucks more than any other team, even the Bruins. I felt very awkward that series.

I never got the hate for Vancouver. Sure, Lapierre was a weasel, but most teams have one. The Sedins are class acts and the team is generally talented, fast, fun to watch. They've never done anything to us, so what's the problem? I was cheering hard for them to squish the Bruins; pretty sure they were cheering for us to do the same this past year.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
I never got the hate for Vancouver. Sure, Lapierre was a weasel, but most teams have one. The Sedins are class acts and the team is generally talented, fast, fun to watch. They've never done anything to us, so what's the problem? I was cheering hard for them to squish the Bruins; pretty sure they were cheering for us to do the same this past year.

See the above post. I absolutely loathe the Canucks, and wouldn't be able to face my friends and family had they won that series. I was moreso cheering against the Canucks than for Boston, but it needed to be done. Plus, I take a certain pride in knowing that we are the last Canadian team to have hoisted the cup.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

It's strange but i found it very easy to invest emotionally when Edm Cal and Van had their shots.
Toronto obviously never and Ottawa forget it...
Anything out west i can climb aboard.

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006

Not this Habs fan. :rant:

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal

Adjust your numbers and your opinion. Over 90% of Habs fans were rooting for Vancouver.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012

Damn you are one clueless poster.

Don't come here to tell us how many of us cheer for the Bruins, we know better than you. And your number is backward. Real Habs fans would NEVER cheered for the Bruins to win the cup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad