Alex Burrows gets 3 Games For Late Hit On Emelin

HabsandSmokies

Dec 7, 2013
which means to me that if any of the 4 stripes had done his job Burrows would have got a penalty then and the goal wouldn't have counted.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Yet no penalty was called and a goal was scored. NHL officiating has become known as the worst of any sport.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
I don't even know what to say anymore. I don't know what equates to a suspension. I thought the fact the emelin came back would let burrows escape Scott free ( not that I agree with that philosophy).

Maybe the fact that burrows did not get any penalty at all actually hurt him from a suspension point of view.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Man oh man, the main boards :shakehead

People are saying he didn't even hit him in the head, I kid you not. One guy is saying becasue he grazed his shoulder first it shouldn't be defined as head contact.

You can't make this stuff up

CanadiensforLife

Sep 11, 2010
Montreal
Man oh man, the main boards :shakehead

People are saying he didn't even hit him in the head, I kid you not. One guy is saying becasue he grazed his shoulder first it shouldn't be defined as head contact.

You can't make this stuff up

Not surprised, the usual haters are out in full force. A Hab could get his hand chopped off & the haters would deny it ever happened.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Not surprised, the usual haters are out in full force. A Hab could get his hand chopped off & the haters would deny it ever happened.

There is a lot of woah is me going on in there but I wouldn't really say there is much of that going on. Just denial that the hit was even a head hit.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
The bigger concern here is how the public in general understand the repercussions, of a person that enjoys hero stature in Boston can be accused of wife brutality, pitchforks players on national TV, then comes on TV to apologize and has a **** eating grin on his face while doing the apology! What message does that send out to people watching this farcical show of disgraceful behavior? Is this how Canadians want to be perceived by people the world around? As a society that says one thing while they mean something completely different?(Liars comes to mind) This is disgraceful behavior that needs to have censorship or a properly educated person at the helm, not someone with no regard for what's best for everyone, but the guy that drives the ship aground and leaves the people while going to safety. Wake up the helmsman before it's too late is my advice!:sarcasm:

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Good, now if this league could find a way to employ competent referees, maybe those kind of hits would not be so frequent.

wreckless

Apr 27, 2010
vancouver
Vancouver is wayyyyyyy more hated then the habs, so any 'hate' on the main boards has nothing to do with hating the habs.

Hell, 99% of -YOU- cheered for your historic, hated rivals the bruins v. Vancouver in the finals.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
Vancouver is wayyyyyyy more hated then the habs, so any 'hate' on the main boards has nothing to do with hating the habs.

Hell, 99% of -YOU- cheered for your historic, hated rivals the bruins v. Vancouver in the finals.

Ok, back to your own board with "woah is me, everyone is against the Canucks."

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc

Not only that fact, but said hero was born in Vancouver, which is distasteful in itself for this Canadian.:nod:

PricePkPatch*

Don't kid yourself, stranger.

I doubt that even a tenth of Habs fans on this board cheered for the Neckbreaker Chara in 2011

Bill McNeal

Jul 19, 2003
Montreal

You're kinda in your own little world, aren't you?

Hullois

Suck it Trebek
Aug 26, 2010
Hull, Qc

I'd revisit the threads from back then if I were you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad