Recalled/Assigned: Aleksi Saarela recalled from Checkers on emergency basis

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Good to see him get the call up. It'd be nice for him to get in a game. I think they called him up once last year when Staal was a game time decision, and of course he didn't get to play. It's good to see what seems like a merit based call up and good to see it be him with us all wondering his status after being the early cut in training camp.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
They've had an entire season to get used to that physicality.
they've also had an entire year of the Brindy training routine, which I am going to assume is a little more advanced than the Checkers one. Even if its somewhat the same, there's something different about seeing your own coach shredding it on the grueling regiment that motivates you to do a little more.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
CBA:

A Player on Loan to a club of any league affiliated with the League may be Recalled from such Loan under emergency conditions at any time for the duration of the emergency only following which he must be returned promptly to the club from which he was Recalled.

I'm not aware of a such 10 day rule. Are you sure it's about emergency call-up?
Welp I am confusing the emergency call up and the conditioning stint rule. Which the conditioning stint is 14 days so, I am messing this all up.

I wonder if they say Martinook isnt available now and that is why the emergency call up happened (insurance). He'll be sent back down tomorrow pre-game or if he'll play.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
We’ve called up Brown and now Saarela. That’s hardy gutting their roster. It seems like Svech won’t be out that long so they should get Saarela back midway through their series.

They get Bean back which is huge and they still have lots of depth at forward coupled with amazing goaltending. They’ll be ok.

Checkers vs. Bruins Preview: Part 1 - Overview - Charlotte Checkers Hockey - gocheckers.com

The Checkers went through the final week of the regular season with several key pieces missing from the lineup, but the good news is that it appears most of them are on the mend.

Josiah Didier, who has missed the last six games, Clark Bishop, who has missed the last nine games, and leading scorer Andrew Poturalski, who has missed the last four games, were all full participants in practice both Monday and Tuesday, a good sign for their improving health.

I’m not sure if they’re going to be in this weekend, but they’re looking good, they’re looking better,” said Vellucci of the trio. The bad news is that the blue line has taken a hit, with Roland McKeown being sidelined.

McKeown is going to be out for an extended period of time,” said Vellucci of the defenseman who finished the season at a team-best +30 rating.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Checkers vs. Bruins Preview: Part 1 - Overview - Charlotte Checkers Hockey - gocheckers.com

The Checkers went through the final week of the regular season with several key pieces missing from the lineup, but the good news is that it appears most of them are on the mend.

Josiah Didier, who has missed the last six games, Clark Bishop, who has missed the last nine games, and leading scorer Andrew Poturalski, who has missed the last four games, were all full participants in practice both Monday and Tuesday, a good sign for their improving health.

I’m not sure if they’re going to be in this weekend, but they’re looking good, they’re looking better,” said Vellucci of the trio. The bad news is that the blue line has taken a hit, with Roland McKeown being sidelined.

McKeown is going to be out for an extended period of time,” said Vellucci of the defenseman who finished the season at a team-best +30 rating.

Damn I didn’t realize McKeown was hurt, too. Hopefully they start getting these bodies back quickly.

Hulkacaniac

You MUST
Jun 4, 2015
NC

Roland “Brett Pesce” Mckeown

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
Any reason why Bishop isn't getting a look? Has he just not been good since his injury? I would have thought he'd have been the better option to Brown.

Reactions: zman77 and Tryamw

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
fairly sure the playoffs don't count toward that, but not 100%.

I think the playoffs count, sadly. It's only for rookie status they don't count, so Dryden winning the conn smythe, then the calder a year later.

Regarding the ELC Slide, the wording is "at least ten (10) NHL games". Playoff games sure enough count as NHL games.

Regarding the Expansion Draft, those 10 NHL games would most likely also count as a "year of professional experience", which is the wording reported for the ED eligibility rules. The wording is probably picked up from the RFA rules (CBA 10.2), which work just like the ELC rules: the 18 and 19 year olds need 10 NHL games, guys 20 and older get one for a single pro game played under an SPC, AHL games included.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad