Recalled/Assigned: Aleksi Saarela recalled from Checkers on emergency basis

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Lets have a moment of silence for the Checkers playoff chances.

We might see the top regular season team of the NHL and AHL knocked out in the first round this year. The NHL because Tampa sucked out loud, and the AHL because they all got called up to the Canes

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Lets have a moment of silence for the Checkers playoff chances.

We might see the top regular season team of the NHL and AHL knocked out in the first round this year. The NHL because Tampa sucked out loud, and the AHL because they all got called up to the Canes

We’ve called up Brown and now Saarela. That’s hardy gutting their roster. It seems like Svech won’t be out that long so they should get Saarela back midway through their series.

They get Bean back which is huge and they still have lots of depth at forward coupled with amazing goaltending. They’ll be ok.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Let’s not forget the Checkers also just added Pritchard, who should be able to reasonably fill Saarela’s spot. Brown, while being the C, is somewhat easily replaced by the depth Clt has (Geekie/Roy/Necas/Mattheos). Bean back to Clt is great for them.

Still really surprised it wasn’t Necas or Gauthier. I wonder where Saarela plays, if he does actually play and RBA doesn’t go with 7D.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Pleasantly surprised. I'm guessing the injuries to Martinook and Ferland are worse than expected. Svech is probably close to being cleared since he's already back on the ice skating and stuff. Will be interesting to see if Saarela actually draws into the lineup.

Lempo

Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
He only has 10 days with the squad or has to be formerly called up to stay longer.
CBA:

A Player on Loan to a club of any league affiliated with the League may be Recalled from such Loan under emergency conditions at any time for the duration of the emergency only following which he must be returned promptly to the club from which he was Recalled.

I'm not aware of a such 10 day rule. Are you sure it's about emergency call-up?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->