Aleksander 'Sasha' Barkov

Status
Not open for further replies.

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
Apparently Barkov's contract is up next summer (or I fail at nhlnumbers.com)? Has there been any talk of a new one yet? Bridge? Long-term?

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
Apparently Barkov's contract is up next summer (or I fail at nhlnumbers.com)? Has there been any talk of a new one yet? Bridge? Long-term?

Since their new deal with the county passed, it's been reported that Barkov and Ekblad will likely be signed long-term. I'll try to find the tweet. No details beyond that that I'm aware of.

Edit: Found it.

Last edited:

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
3 years is the standard for ELCs, unless a player signs at a later age (college/late bloomer Euros).

Bjugstad got 4.1x6, I'd hope around 5x5 or 5x6, anything below 6 per would be a steal.

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
$6M per for 5-8 years seems like the best idea. Even if hypothetically some new guy comes in and shines like a supernova - you still have one the best "2C's" in the league in Barkov. If he gets a bridge deal you could be looking at $9M+ after those 2 years.

If he signs for less than $6M then even better. Such a great pick for you guys.

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
Considering Toews got 10.5, that is good for Kopitar!

Barkov is less proven, so don't worry.

That deal for Kopitar is alright!

He is an elite 1C with a great two way game and should be paid like one

Barkov wont get that money on the first deal. Also, I dont think he would ask for that money. He isnt that kind of guy. I know the agent talks but still...

urho

Sep 12, 2008
Oulu
Seriously, at times he looks like a superstar out there. He's so good it's kind of amazing that he only has 17 points this year.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Seriously, at times he looks like a superstar out there. He's so good it's kind of amazing that he only has 17 points this year.
17 in 23 games.

Kane and Toews got $6.5M contract extensions on 12/01/09 from their elc that took them a year or two beyond UFA back in 2010. That season they won the cup.

The question is whether Barkov is as valuable to this team as Toew's at C was to the Hawks back then. Well, it would be uncanny if the Cats won the Cup this year as they certainly don't have the firepower that the Hawks and Toews had back then. But the team would be remiss to believe that this kid is not worth that kind of money + the inflation rate since back then.

Yeah, I could see them giving him at least 5 years at $7.5M to $8.5M per or as high as 8 years if he would take it. He would be smart to only sign a 4 yr contract as he will be a UFA then if they don't offer him the big bucks.

Last edited:

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Gallant is starting to play him around 20 minutes a night with PK time.

He is a horse. He should get the ice time. And the team turning it around is a tribute to that imo.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Hope he didnt hear about Kopitar.

9.75...woof

Definitely a reason to sign Barkov for longterm contract right now, his contract will probably look like a steal soon and that's what you want in a cap world, core guys on steal contracts.

But if you give him a bridge, cap goes up and he has 3 60+ seasons under his belt with elite defense oh boy it's going to get expensive.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
Getting a good long term deal makes sense, selfishly I want a bridge, then 8 years to have as much Barkov as possible.

Haj

#CatsAreComing
Apr 6, 2003
Arlington, VA
I think Barkov would want a bridge contract that expires around 25 or 26 to maximize earning potential as he enters his prime so I'd envision something like a 5 million dollar per year four or five-year contract.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Barkov went in between his legs on a chance in the 1st period and had the strong rush up the ice. If he could've finished that play off it would have been one of the best goals of the year. Anyone have a gif of that rush?

Last edited:

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Gallant is starting to play him around 20 minutes a night with PK time.

He is a horse. He should get the ice time. And the team turning it around is a tribute to that imo.

Without Bolland, and MacK out, the team was in need of someone stepping up to fill some big shoes on the PK. Barky has taken the challenge and run with it.

anders and

Nov 16, 2013
9daf58603225f047629390f2b9fb6bd4.gif

He is like an unstoppable force of power. :)

Wander

May 12, 2014
Without Bolland, and MacK out, the team was in need of someone stepping up to fill some big shoes on the PK. Barky has taken the challenge and run with it.

Yeah, I think he's looked really good on the PK. Even created a scoring opportunity against Carolina shorthanded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad