Aleksander 'Sasha' Barkov

Status
Not open for further replies.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Nope, he is an absolute stud, I don't know how anyone could be disappointed with his play last year. Even during his slow start his 2 way game was ridiculous, and if he ever gets good line mates... He's a man amongst boys and is only 18.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Was one of our best players last year. He plays a great two-way game, passes the puck like a monster, and has a great release. His hockey IQ is top-notch. Definitely living up to expectations thus far. Can't wait to see what he does this year and hopefully we can get a winger for him.

Repomies

Jan 26, 2013
Yup, nice to hear that he's still surprising everyone, like he did here in Finland as 17older. Just remembering that there was one or two doubtful guys about that pick :) Looking forward to see Barkov in action 15th March 2015 in MSG!:handclap:

Last edited:

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
It was a difficult choice, but Tallon made a smart decision thus far. He filled a void with a player who is likely to play that role very well. Barkov was pretty much our number one center his first year and fulfilled the role well. If it wasn't for Dale, then we'd be praying to land Spezza or dying to sign Stastny. But, now he acquired a player that can play that role well.

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012
only one i'd rather have had at draft day was jones, and i still think jones will be the better player but not if he joined the panthers - jones get to grow with an elite defenseman organization (ok, most are gone now but w/e) and barkov gets the chance here

Hagged

Jul 6, 2009
Barkov is a stud. Altough he needs better wingers than Bergy and Boyes.

He needs to get better himself. When Barkov is ready, he will make Bergy and Boyes PPG players while getting 120 himself year to year. No matter who his wingers are, Barkov will not disappoint. :nod:

RCDeltaFixer

Mar 15, 2014
He went above and beyond my expectations. I was skeptical at first when we picked him, but as we got closer to the start of the season, I started to feel a little bit better. Once I saw him in action, all my doubts melted away. Dale really saw the magic this kid can produce, and I'm glad we have him.

I'd rather have Barkov and Ekblad than Jones and Reinhart, because in my mind:

Jones > Ekblad

Barkov >>> Reinhart

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
Look at the panthers record after he got hurt. No ragrets here.

t5wtm1.jpg

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
The thing that impressed me the most about Barkov was how mature he was in his first season for just an eighteen year old. Especially, after moving to a foreign country and learning the English language. His skills on the ice were way more phenomenal that I imagined. Indeed, the team performed completely different when he was injured. I think we finally have a player that will be a top-line guy for years to come and I only look forward to watching him develop into hopefully a superstar in the future.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Actually most of the credit goes to Jere Kekalainen, our Finnish scout. Luce said he gave the Panthers constant updates on Barkovs progress in 12-13, even when he was hurt. If not for him we might have went Jones/Drouin.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
The cats come back to Denver this year in October. I'm excited to see Barkov live again. MacK got beat up pretty bad in last year's game. It would be nice to see another win.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
Actually most of the credit goes to Jere Kekalainen, our Finnish scout. Luce said he gave the Panthers constant updates on Barkovs progress in 12-13, even when he was hurt. If not for him we might have went Jones/Drouin.

I'll buy him a beer if I ever see him.

RCDeltaFixer

Mar 15, 2014
The cats come back to Denver this year in October. I'm excited to see Barkov live again. MacK got beat up pretty bad in last year's game. It would be nice to see another win.

Its funny to think back to before the Olympics and realize how much more exciting this team was with Barkov in the lineup. Even when we were losing, it felt better than when we lost after the Olympics.

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
Its funny to think back to before the Olympics and realize how much more exciting this team was with Barkov in the lineup. Even when we were losing, it felt better than when we lost after the Olympics.

haha word! he was the player i was allways hopeing would get points during the game. a goal with a barkov point was way sweeter then a goal by, let's say winchester.

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Barkov also miss most of training camp as they were being cautious over his shoulder?

I think Barkov with a full summer and fall of training will be even more dangerous than what we've seen.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Barkov also miss most of training camp as they were being cautious over his shoulder?

I think Barkov with a full summer and fall of training will be even more dangerous than what we've seen.

Yeah I think. He played in preseason at least though

RCDeltaFixer

Mar 15, 2014

If Barkov wasn't playing at his current full potential last season then I'm ecstatic to see what the future holds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad