Jul 11, 2014
The elusive Barkov celly

6ScEh4j.gif

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Man, it looks like he getting more comfortable, and is playing a more North American style of game (holding on to the puck longer and drawing the defense to him before he makes a pass, taking it to the net more, etc.) which is needed in the NHL. I've always said, that if he did this, he could reach his full potential, which is immense. Glad to see it.
He could be so scary good very shortly, and for years to come. I know the people on this board know as well as fans from Finland, but I don't think fans outside of that know how much offensive talent he has. I think everybody knows how good he is defensively.

Last edited:

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
His skating has improved this year too. Especially his acceleration which was a weakness.

barkovcanfinnish

remember to breathe
Sep 22, 2014
Chicago, IL

Burning calories? Androids can't burn calories! And wanting to win more than get the almighty hatter? Obviously trying to keep his cover before bringing the apocalypse upon the NHL. :sarcasm:

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
I honestly can't believe I'm about to type this, but I've been watching Barky extra carefully lately. He skates a LOT like Pavel Bure.

I know, I know. Just bare with me.

His form is great. He never has strides that are wasted. He glides when it's fitting, gets that extra gear when needed and overall just has a beautiful stride. He looks EXACTLY like Pavel Bure did out there, minus the obvious explosive speed. He just has near-perfect stature and gets the most of his legs.

This kid is a gem. Tallon is a ****ing genius for drafting him instead of Jones/Drouin. He's already better than MacKinnon and will likely be the best player out of the 2013 Draft, although it is extremely early he is the front runner right now.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
This kid is a gem. Tallon is a ****ing genius for drafting him instead of Jones/Drouin. He's already better than MacKinnon and will likely be the best player out of the 2013 Draft, although it is extremely early he is the front runner right now.

I wonder if he would have picked Mack if Tallon had the first pick. Also, I'd assume some would argue Monahan is currently leading the 2013 crop. Not that I'd agree with that.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
I honestly can't believe I'm about to type this, but I've been watching Barky extra carefully lately. He skates a LOT like Pavel Bure.

I know, I know. Just bare with me.

His form is great. He never has strides that are wasted. He glides when it's fitting, gets that extra gear when needed and overall just has a beautiful stride. He looks EXACTLY like Pavel Bure did out there, minus the obvious explosive speed. He just has near-perfect stature and gets the most of his legs.

You know, I agree with you. I saw a little Pavel in him too. Which makes since, since he has Russian blood lines.

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
So happy to see him do this well. Still leaves you wonder what his numbers would be like if he had a top 5 sniper next to him. Not to mock or take anything away from Jagr, or even Huberdeau. Had Tallon picked either Jones or Drouin that day, he'd regret it badly today. Barkov ended up in a good franchise.

After his one full NHL season I'd be REALLY suprised not seeing his name mentioned in the Selke talks. Was able to watch the last game due to winter vacation, but that's a luxury not blessed often enough. Draft more Finns into the team please! :handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad