Aleksander 'Sasha' Barkov - Part II

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA

The back-check in OT

For this play to happen Barkov had to do several things:
1. Barkov had to recognize Kulikov was out of position and he had to start skating towards the defensive zone before Vancouver even gathered the puck.

2. He had to skate hard as hell to catch up.

3. The angle he had to take had to be precise to be in position for the stick lift.

4. The stick lift it self.

I circle back to 1 though. The awareness and recognition is incredible.

Pukboy5kroner

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
1. Barkov had to recognize Kulikov was out of position and he had to start skating towards the defensive zone before Vancouver even gathered the puck.

3. The angle he had to take had to be precise to be in position for the stick lift.

Not to downplay it, but Hansen was gassed at that point in his shift.

behemolari

Dec 1, 2011

To me that play was more valuable than scoring a goal. However, still refuses to shoot even it was alone against a goalie at the overtime

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Yeah, but that gap would have been too large still had he not anticipated it. Barky isnt the fastest guy out there
He's surprisingly fast for a guy of his size and that area of his game has developed massively compared to the year he was drafted. It doesn't look fast, but he manages to carry a lot of momentum to his strides which also helps him to save some energy, he rarely looks completely gasses even if they get caught out.

LUUUUUIS

Nov 2, 2011
Florida
Thread 1 of his hat-trick holiness Barkov there was discussion of his upcoming contract. I want him to be like this guy...

money1.gif

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
From Friedman's 30:

15. So, who is the Florida player we need to know, the guy who is too far under the radar? “I don’t know what type of attention we get. I’m not sure how you view the players on the team.” Pause. “Do they know (Aaron) Ekblad?” Answer: Uh, yes. “How about Aleksander Barkov?” Answer: That’s a good one. “Barkov I think, he's amazing. Hands-down, by far, our best player. So young and dominates. He’s just smart, the best player with and without the puck.”

Luongo laughed about Barkov’s shootout winner against the Canucks: “His move, who would do that on bad ice? He doesn't really practice shootouts…never. I guess there’s no need to when you’re that good.”

Temego

Mar 8, 2011
Kinda hoping we see another shootout soon, the way he's building confidence Im guessing we'll see the elusive reverse Datsyukian deke next time :)

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Kinda hoping we see another shootout soon, the way he's building confidence Im guessing we'll see the elusive reverse Datsyukian deke next time :)

He tried it in 2013 vs Washington...gotta figure he'll try it again soon

xTk9ZUhzBkEVl2fXwc.gif

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
It's not possible anymore, moving the puck backwards was included among with the spin-o-rama & others when the SO rules got changed.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad